Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Kampfeld Custom!

I had been toying with the idea of building a 300 RUM for a while when I came across a deal on one of Remington's new 700 Long Range rifles that I couldn't pass up. Off of the advice from another forum member I sent it off to Kampfeld Custom to have the smithing done. I talked to Karl on the phone prior to sending it off to go over what I wanted done. He was great to talk to and helped me decide exactly what I needed. He also told me it could be 5-6 weeks before I got it back. Well to my pleasant surprise a little over two weeks after I sent it off it was returned to me completely done. When I opened the box I couldn't of been happier with the results. You can tell from looking at it how much pride Karl takes in everything he does. To top it off he even called me on Saturday to follow up and make sure that I had received it and was happy with the work. Talk about great customer service! I strongly suggest to anyone looking to have fluting, cerakoting, or almost anything else done to call or email Kampfeld Custom.

Karl fluted the barrel and bolt. Skelontanized the handle, installed one of his custom brakes, worked over the extractor, bedded it, and cerakoted everything in graphite black with contrasting titanium. I think it matches the B & C medalist stock perfect.

post-216-0-84042200-1395266551_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-86396800-1395266581_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-14329800-1395266602_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-35982700-1395266690_thumb.jpg

I finished putting the pieces together this last weekend and am now ready to start tuning up a load. Can't wait to burn some powder!

post-216-0-43693100-1395266716_thumb.jpg

post-216-0-49945000-1395266741_thumb.jpg

It looks like a piece of art! Beautiful looking rifle!

Phil - Wicked looking Rifle - the spiral fluting makes it look fast just sitting there . I think the only thing that would make it look better is if it was displayed on a Zebra rug...you better get over to Africa and get yourself one. Looking forward to seeing how it shoot.

Karl does superb work, he does all my full on custom work and built one of my rifles.

Hes done all my fluted bolts and this reminds me I need to send him 2 more here shortly.

Excellent! That should do the job very nicely!

Wow is a understatement! Looks awesome. Pm sent

And fast turnaround