Sign in to follow this  
dvl4lf

Any youth drawn yet?

16 counts for youth right? Will be checking the card tonight, I have 4 apps in. Mom 2bp, dad4bp, uncle 0bp and me 4bp. If any of us draw I will have it passed to me. We put in for 6a, 6b archery. Will keep ya posted.

In the future, I think everyone should take a close look at exactly how bad the odds for youth cow tags are compared to some of the general rifle cow tags out there. Personally, I won't be putting my kids in for youth cow tags. Why have a kid possibly draw once every four years when he can pull a standard cow tag every other year? Kids lose interest fast. I'd rather pony up an extra $80 and hunt a few weeks later in the year than have my kid sitting at home year after year.

• Like 5

In the future, I think everyone should take a close look at exactly how bad the odds for youth cow tags are compared to some of the general rifle cow tags out there. Personally, I won't be putting my kids in for youth cow tags. Why have a kid possibly draw once every four years when he can pull a standard cow tag every other year? Kids lose interest fast. I'd rather pony up an extra $80 and hunt a few weeks later in the year than have my kid sitting at home year after year.

thats what I do way better odds .

I do the exact same thing. My boys haven't been drawn in 3 years. I quit putting them in for youth hunts because the G&F cut the tags so bad. I have sent several emails and responded to surveys having to do with youth opportunity. They preach we need to get the kids involved and then cut the tags??? This year I put both boys in for regular tags during the rut and they both got drawn. Early rifle bull and early cow muzzleloader. They have waited so long I wanted them to have a great hunt. They are excited they both get to actually hunt elk this year.

• Like 1

What unit is easier to draw then a youth hunt other then a dec hunt in 7,9 or 10,i am not seeing it can you tell me what units you are looking at so

I can put my grandson in there,what about the adults put in for these hunts and give the tags to there kids.

/>

What unit is easier to draw then a youth hunt other then a dec hunt in 7,9 or 10,i am not seeing it can you tell me what units you are looking at so

I can put my grandson in there,what about the adults put in for these hunts and give the tags to there kids.

I will send you a PM

Ive been putting my son in for several years and once again he did not draw a tag. Think its time to start putting him in for general season hunts. I remember as a kid we were drawn as juniors almost every year. Hard to keep these kids interested when they draw but 1 tag every 4-5 years on a tag designated just for them.