Sign in to follow this  
Seldom Drawn

Campfires

To the dumb a@s in 5bs on saturday that left your campfire burning and went home,not that you care, but I put it out for you.

how stupid can people be.

To the dumb a@s in 5bs on saturday that left your campfire burning and went home,not that you care, but I put it out for you.

Cant fix stupid! That is the reason they need to close down the forest in the summer under these dry conditions.

• Like 1

afew years ago the wife and I put out 2 different fires in unit 8 on the same day

As said CAN'T FIX STUPID!

Thanks for putting it out. I too put out several each year. I wish the forest service would put up more signs or just shut down the campfires over the summer months.

Thanks Seldom Drawn :)

TJ

I put out 3 smoldering campfires last week along the border. They can close the forests, but the illegals will keep coming, and keep lighting fires despite your silly closures. Closures only keep the good people out!

• Like 2

I put out 3 smoldering campfires last week along the border. They can close the forests, but the illegals will keep coming, and keep lighting fires despite your silly closures. Closures only keep the good people out!

I don't think closures are silly. Your right it does keep the good people out but if it just keeps 1 fire from starting a catastrophe then it's worth it. :)

TJ

• Like 1

It come down to what you've been taught and morals. IF I have a fire it's watched closely and when we leave in gets dirt covered and has 5 gallons of water covering it. Usually some ice chest drain too.

• Like 2

It come down to what you've been taught and morals. IF I have a fire it's watched closely and when we leave in gets dirt covered and has 5 gallons of water covering it. Usually some ice chest drain too.

Nice! :)

TJ

To second this. To the IDIOT camping on Colcord with a fire blazing in the middle of the freaking day. YOU ARE A DUMBA$$ and you need to understand camping 200 yds from homes and starting fires in the middle of the day is nothing less than a recipe for disaster. GET A BETTER SLEEPING BAG THEN IF YOUR COLD. I LOVE MY HOME. YOU BURN OUR AREA ILL HUNT YOU DOWN.

• Like 3

I don't think closures are silly. Your right it does keep the good people out but if it just keeps 1 fire from starting a catastrophe then it's worth it. :)

TJ

Sounds just like the Anti-Gun argument, if we ban guns and it saves a few lives, then it's worth it... Even if we keep the good people from having them, then it's worth it.

They keep taking away and restricting our freedoms.

The next thing they will do is close the forests because someone accidentally shoots a wolf. They will say we cant trust people in the woods, because someone else might shoot a wolf too and if this only saves one wolf it will be worth it. People this is coming...

• Like 1

They keep taking away and restricting our freedoms.

The next thing they will do is close the forests because someone accidentally shoots a wolf. They will say we cant trust people in the woods, because someone else might shoot a wolf too and if this only saves one wolf it will be worth it. People this is coming...

520HUNT & AZLance..............I hear what you both are saying and you both have valid points. I would rather see more inforcement and fines than complete closure of the forest actually.

TJ

• Like 2

All it takes is one little spark. Just ask the numb nuts that started the Wallow fire. They are in monetary debt to the feds......... for the next millennium.

I always use a barrel off the ground , more heat and the coals burn up faster because of air flow. When you leave camp you have to dump it so you know if its still hot . If so soak it.post-8438-0-42011800-1395791001_thumb.jpgpost-8438-0-82021500-1395791064_thumb.jpgpost-8438-0-38145300-1395791135_thumb.jpg

• Like 1