Sign in to follow this  
DCMHunter

2012 Archery Bull

I got home last night from a business trip and found my 2012 Archery Bull in the livingroom. In 2012 I did not have the funds available to get this bull mounted, so I hung out in my barn to do something with later. This last summer I found some juniper and oak rounds that would work good for a skull mount and started making plans to do that. Some time around the end of September or the first of October my head went missing. When I asked my wife what happened she said she sold it (dang near resulted in a devorce). At christmas time my wife and son said they had sent the head out to be cleaned by some beatles and with it being dried it was taking longer than expected. This last week end my son said that my head was ready and that he was going down to see his girlfriend and would pick it up. So I started working on the plack for the skull mount for it. I had to leave Monday for a business trip and when I got home late last night this is what I Found.

post-652-0-70963900-1396455481_thumb.jpg

My hide had been damaged so my son used his hide from his bull last year to have my head mounted. I love it and I love my family. Thank you Geys

DCM

• Like 21

I SWEAR TO GOODNESS THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT......FAMILY! THIS POST WAS NEEDED, HUGE KUDOS ON RAISING YOUR SON UP RIGHT! FAMILY SUPPORTING OUR PASSIONS MAKE OUR PASSIONS THAT MUCH BETTER. MANY BLESSINGS

• Like 5

You have an awesome family and are a lucky man! Congratulations.

• Like 1

That's a great story! If my wife sold my Elk head I would not be very happy:)

That is really awesome, but your wife must not know you very well to say she sold it! That would not be a popular response in my house!

Now that is what I call a first class act by your family. They certainly knew how much this bull meant to you. Love can be expressed in many ways and your family just showed one of many. Thanks for sharing and big KUDOs to your family. :)

TJ

That rules on so many levels!! Congrats on that great looking bull and big kudos to your family for being so awesome.