Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Rancher Showdown

The more I learn this whole land grab, beyond the Bundy's, stinks to high heaven.

So cows eating wild grasses now constitutes the pillaging of public land? If that is the case we really need to do something about all these pillaging elk and deer before they completely destroy our forests!

Private cows eating our wild grasses without permitting, and leasing is pillaging. The land only has a carrying capacity of so much. Cattle are in direct competition with other grazers. I am not anti cow or anti rancher, I just want accountability on both parts when it comes to our public land. If a rancher pays, permit, leases a tract of land with an agreement, so be it. He was using a public asset to make a private monetary gain.

Would you feel differently if your neighbors ranch cattle were on your ranch without permission, competing for feed with your stock for 20 years?

I fear that if the Bundy's win, it will set a dangerous legal precedent or blueprint for other ranchers to follow on our precious resources. It will cement that the ranchers can "do what they will" on public owned land.

• Like 2

I agree to an extent. If Bundy saw the writing on the wall 20 years ago and took a stand that is just now coming to a head, and if that stand was due to a behind the scenes land grab by politicians, then go Bundy. If Harry Reid's solar connections turn out to be true, then his head needs to be served up on federal charges.

/>Mission Statement:

The BLM's mission is to manage and conserve the public lands for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations under our mandate of multiple-use and sustained yield.

Management is based upon the principles of multiple use and sustained yield of our nations resources within a framework of environmental responsibility and scientific technology. These resources include recreation, rangelands, timber, minerals, watershed, fish and wildlife, wilderness, air and scenic, scientific and cultural values.

The BLM is not to cater to ranching alone.

They are not to cater to Harry Reid and his Chinese friends.

This has ZERO to do with freakin grazing fees. You don't surround a man with tanks and militarized "land managers" over fees. All of the other ranchers that were there decades before Nevada was even a state were run off by Reid.

This is 200% on Harry Reid and his solar investments. Doesn't take much effort to realize this. It's public record. Or at least it was until the BLM started removing documents with Reid's links.

• Like 1

THIS KIND OF SUMS IT UP

post-11051-0-60273900-1397361605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Where is PETA as they are herding cattle with helicopters? Where is PETA when they are pulling up the watering troughs that feed not only cattle but also the other wildlife? I will agree that some ranchers do go to the extreme to in thinking they "own" the land they lease to graze, but show me a rancher that doesn't care about the land. Show me a rancher that will over graze and ruin the land he uses to the point that it can not sustain his livelihood. (other states apart from AZ offer land owner tags for game and some get top dollar for those tags, now tell me they don't care about their environment!) How many people have tree stands for deer and elk on water tanks that were constructed by a rancher? How is it that 20 years ago there were more cattle being run by at least 10 times what is currently being run by Cliven Bundy and 20 years ago there were more tortoises? Listen to some of the other ranchers that were run out 20 years ago... sure Cliven didn't go about things perhaps the right way... but this is more than nonpayment and tortoises. The government has now spent more on this fight than what Cliven even owes. The only precedent that needs to be set at this point is that the government is not all powerful; before they get any bigger for their britches! I hope enough people will remember these pieces of history and who stood up, coward or turned their back like nothing was happening and start by voting the crap out of office and finding the good ones to put in!

• Like 2

They have "only" backed down for concerns of "safety" for the employees and supporters. It is not over... it is stated already as them wanting to fine Cliven Bundy for the expense of this ordeal at over another million dollars. This needs to stay current and not get swept under the rug and kept quiet by media! There is a lot of documentation regarding Harry Reid (D) as stating that Cliven Bundy needs to go as he is the last one standing in the way of the Chinese Solar deal... its nothing about tortoises! This is a strong arm deal for sure!

The "VO" needs to be a new symbol of freedom for those that are against the government getting too powerful! (The "VO" is a cattle brand used by the Bundy ranch)

Guest wdenike

QUOTE : "They have "only" backed down for concerns of "safety" for the employees and supporters."

WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!!! They backed down because they thought this was going to be a cake walk. And when it became obvious American citizens that were on seen were fed up with the tyrants. And millions more were watching and wondering if it was time to throw their hats in the ring. The light bulb came on instantly at the top. That they did not need this kind of publicity with elections coming up. So safety had nothing to do with it. They are all vermin!!!! Just like they are running from OBUMMER CARE to save their worthless azzes. We need to rid ourselves of the low life bastages at the polls. And stay vigilant to look for better human beings to represent us.

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

Willie.. I guess my sarcasm was not conveyed well .. but you are totally right! They did not back down for safety concerns it us all about politics and trying to continue to pull the wool over the public eye.

I haven't taken the time to research it thoroughly but I have seen several references saying that one of Clivens ancestors, I believe his great grandfather, bought the grazing rights to the Gold Butte area in the late 1800's, before the BLM even existed. Then the BLM comes into existence claims they own the area, and then sell the grazing rights to an environmental agency for $375,000. So first off, how can the BLM sell something that already belongs to the Bundy's, and second of all, if you already own something, why would you continue to pay for it again and again?

Guest wdenike
Willie.. I guess my sarcasm was not conveyed well .. but you are totally right! They did not back down for safety concerns it us all about politics and trying to continue to pull the wool over the public eye.

Wasn't trying to peck at ya by any means. But ya are right I wasn't savy enough to detect the sarcasm. But you did touch on another thing that was 100% right. It should not be swept under the carpet by the media. As, although Mr. Bundy made a mistake in not paying the grazing fees. He made no mistake in his evaluation of what the federal Gooberment is up to. As this had nothing to do with grazing fees. And was more evident when ya looked at how those that are supposed to serve treated citizens. Sad but I am a feared you will not hear another thing about this after a couple days. Unless other politicians dig deeper closer to election time. But that doesn't necessarily make them saints either.

Take care, Willie

Guest wdenike

One more thing. Bundy was wrong not paying the lease period. But each and every one should be concerned about free speech areas, and the overall treatment of citizens by an out of control federal Gooberment. And if nothing else just go with common sense. Does anyone spend three million dollars to collect one million???? Even as dumb as our Gooberment officials seem to be. With the eyes of an entire country on this charade. Could they have reached a new level of stupidity??? Mr. Bundy may think he is a big deal. But this is way bigger then any of us realize. And I will say again for the ones that say everything is A OK. Take a look at agenda 21. Look at the familiar names associated with it ( MRS. LERNER RING A BELL )???? Instead of dismissing it just keep an eye on it. And ask yourself if anyone associated with it wants you to continue hunting. HSUS, HUMANE SOCIETY UNITED STATES is not about saving pets. It is a money laundering pit aimed at stopping all hunting. And eventually gun ownership. And also check and see if ya think they want cattle leases.

Take care, Willie

Lots of people keep saying that Bundy did the wrong thing by not paying the grazing fees... Why would Bundy pay fees to a government that is trying to run him off the land and out of business at the same time? I wouldn't pay it either.

The federal government is just "legal" organized crime. No different from the mob. Wanna become a millionaire? Become a politician and cheat your way to the top.

• Like 2