Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Rancher Showdown

Fracking and cattle can co-exist.

Funny that the Bundy's have been on that land running cattle since the 1800's and the turtle is still there.

Bet you once the Bundy's are removed, and they will be removed, solar and wind farms will magically appear.

oh...and did you know they are killing the same turtles they are supposedly trying to protect?

According to an article dated 8/25/13, in the Las Vegas Huffington Post, because of a lack of Federal funding the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center can no longer care for the turtles that they've been caring for since the animals were added to the endangered species list in 1990 and, as a result, "...Officials expect to euthanize more than half the animals in the coming months in preparation for closure at the end of 2014." "...the pampered desert dweller now faces a threat from the very people who have nurtured it."

Frack Crew+ Cows

Pump jack + Cows

It's easy to blame the big bad oil companies.

post-3586-0-53258100-1397249726.jpg

post-3586-0-84705400-1397250570.jpg

• Like 3

Sounds like perhaps a behind the scenes issue, I don't know. I do know when he stopped paying the lease fees he didn't help his possition. I also know ranchers who lease land for grazing act like they own it. Not all but some I've run into.

• Like 2

Well if the Tea Party proclaims it, then it MUST be valid and true!! :lol: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.......)

I'm thinking that if they really have a case, then the Tea Party ought to hire Bundy a lawyer and argue it in front of a judge. Other wise, it will go nowhere.

S.

:)

• Like 1

Well well.....guess who is heavily invested solar energy and needs a place to plant his panels?

Sen Harry Reid (d) Nevada.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-03/solar-jobs-join-harry-reid-to-chinese-billionaire-in-price-drop.html

A Chinese billionaire is teaming up with the most powerful man in the U.S. Senate to build a solar plant in a dusty corner of Nevada, even as officials accuse China of driving energy companies out of business by dumping cheap components on the American market.

ENN Group (ENNGZ) plans a manufacturing and generating facility worth $5 billion, more than all Chinese investment in the U.S. combined last year, in Laughlin, Nevada, a town pockmarked with foreclosed properties and the skeleton of a 14-story resort abandoned when the project went bankrupt.

Company founder Wang Yusuo, one of China’s richest men, has joined with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to win incentives including land 113 miles (182 kilometers) southeast of Las Vegas that ENN is buying for $4.5 million, or less than one-eighth of the $38.6 million assessors say it is worth. The project has produced legal work for Reid’s son, Rory, a lawyer at a Las Vegas firm that gave the Nevada Democrat more than $40,000 in the past three election cycles.

“This is counter to most logic,” said Thomas Maslin, an analyst at IHS Emerging Energy Research in Washington, D.C. “It doesn’t make sense in terms of supply and demand. The likely rationale is that because they’re building on public land they need to justify somehow the price through job creation and high- tech manufacturing.”

Green Energy has more political power with this administration than the Oil & Gas industry does. Look at all the green energy companies that got bailout money, and went bankrupt compared to the holdup with the Keystone XXL.

/>Well if the Tea Party proclaims it, then it MUST be valid and true!! :lol: (Sorry, I couldn't resist.......)

:)

And if the federal govt proclaims it we should all bow down and kiss dear leaders ring.

• Like 1

As I learn more I am leaning in the ranchers side. This one stinks. However I do dislike ranches who feel they own the land. I even had one who came into camp and wanted to see tags on the deer hanging. Again this was in the Dragoons and this rancher is well known.

I do agree that the power of the federal is getting WAY out of control.

Reid is using his position in the Senate to destroy a family for his own personal gain

Go to prison

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

Although the man made the mistake by not paying fees. No matter how strongly he feels justified in not paying them. It was a mistake on his part. He could have paid the fees and kept his cows on the lease no matter what they told him. And had an entire country behind him. But long story short he may still have an entire country behind him. Because anyone that thinks this is about a cattle lease. Should probably check them self in to the nut house, as that is where you need to be. This is the first skirmish between us and them. And if I were them I would pay close attention. As I don't think it will end well for them. PEOPLE ARE FED UP WITH THEIR CORUPT DISHONEST BULLCHIT!!!!!

Take care, Willie

Honestly, coming from ranching families on both sides, I didn't have much empathy for the Bundy family in this case. They chose to stop paying for grazing rights. They broke the law, they lost in court multiple times yet they are still defiant.

In come the feds.

They are using military tactics and assets to show "who is in charge around here".

My grandfathers ran cattle and did it on their own land. I respect that. They never got big enough to expect the public to subsidize their expansion.

Here's where the rub comes in. The rancher in question did what he was allowed to do for a very long time. Times change, the rules change, we've all been there in some capacity.

He didn't comply.

In comes the Feds. What could they possibly care about some rancher in the middle of nowhere. Turns out, there's a lot more to it than cows and tortoises. Google "Harry Reid Land Grab" and you'll see why this has even come to our attention.

Now, those who side with the rancher are being called Militias. The family operates out of their home on a daily basis with sniper rifles trained on them.

So who really is in charge? The Bundy family has made it clear that they are standing their ground. The united states government has placed military marksmen and teams of soldiers in place to be sure nobody steps out of line while Bundy's cattle are legally seized.

Here's the question I have to ask - forget about what the fight is between the Bundy ranch and the gov't for just a minute.

At what point is your government acting within your interest when they assign military troops to hold you under surveillance, assign elite fighting men to intimidate you and your family, or use threats of death to you and your family?

IMO, the feds are just drooling over the prospect of another Waco or Ruby Ridge. Just more evidence that the old hold-outs are dangerous, and must be "put down" to keep others in their place.

My prediction, the feds will incite a violent reaction, and will respond accordingly. It will be meant as a lesson to anyone who challenges the powers of our constitution. Lower case intentional.

The rancher said he is more than willing to pay the fees, but will only pay Clark County, not the BLM. He stopped paying fees once the federal government took control of the land from what I understand. The reason he is taking a stand is that the federal government has over regulated every other cattle rancher out of business and he is the only one left. This has nothing to do with cattle, or tortoises, and everything to do with liberty, big government and power... It's a story about an American who is standing up to a government that is out of control and way to overreaching.

I love it. Keep at it Bundy, don't let them grind you down.