Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Rancher Showdown

you pay it because thats what the original agreement was. If you don't abide by the original agreement, then what do you have left to stand on?

He shot himself in the foot by not paying.

• Like 2

In one of the videos I saw someone in the background putting trash in a trash can... now if i had to guess i bet this place will be pretty clean once everyone goes home. Now if I remember right too the photos and video after say Occupy Wal Street show a much different ending to their protests. The lefties left it all behind! Who really has who's best interest mind. There is a difference between respect and entitlement.

/>you pay it because thats what the original agreement was. If you don't abide by the original agreement, then what do you have left to stand on?

He shot himself in the foot by not paying.

From what I understand he had an agreement with Clark Co Nevada. When the fed came in and took over and overegulated it, that's when he stopped paying. His agreement was with the State of NV. He has said many times that he would be happy to pay grazing fees to Clark Co, but refuses to give money to the BLM.

It looks like the head of the BLM just happens to be Harry Reid's former senior advisor and Reid's son is the attorney who represents ENN which is the Chinese energy giant that wants to build the solar farm.

If anyone out there doesn't see that this is blatant government corruption at its finest, then you have your head in the sand.

• Like 4

and somewhere I read that there were fines levied on the ranchers due to harming tortoise habitat and that was when he quit with paying the grazing lease to the Feds, he is the last rancher left, all the others have been run off. Here is one you may not have seen, going to be great for all the wildlife in the area isn't it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYszv9-wMbs

and here is a little background on BLM, did you know they get to make up the rules as they go along and it is law?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAwALTdrMZ8

A lot of people have criticized Bundy's refusal to pay these fees. But I think many fail to recognize that this form of civil disobedience was one of the acts that our country was built upon. That being our founding father's actions at the Boston Tea Party as well as taxation without representation. I'm not saying the situations are identical, but encourage those critical of Bundy to give it some thought.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike
A lot of people have criticized Bundy's refusal to pay these fees. But I think many fail to recognize that this form of civil disobedience was one of the acts that our country was built upon. That being our founding father's actions at the Boston Tea Party as well as taxation without representation. I'm not saying the situations are identical, but encourage those critical of Bundy to give it some thought.

Ross,

I don't think their is a person that doesn't sympathies with the Bundy family. Nor does anyone not understand their frustration. But from a legal stand point he was wrong and it hurt his cause. Through my eyes he got support not because he didn't pay his bills. But because an out of control Gooberment ran rough shod over citizens. As was shown in videos. ( The throwing of a woman to the ground, shoving, tazing, and the penning area for first amendment rights. ) This in it self were good enough reasons for an entire country to get involved had things escalated. But what is the real atrocity is the double standard that is in place for the silent majority in this country, and yes if their is feds reading this bet your azz it is the silent majority, But eyes were upon you and always will be. We did not see swat teams and military style garb for the occupy wall street MINORITY. No the pissed shat and camped (trespassed ) for as long as the dam well pleased. While being pandered to. So although I think we all have compassion for the Bundys. They are by no means the heroes here. The American Citizens are the heroes for recognizing a pack of militarized thugs that pick and choose who gets constitutional rights and who doesn't. And I believe the silent majority will always be the heroes as they will never look the other way in these circumstances. JMO

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

They are by no means the heroes here.

Sorry Willie, I respectfully couldn't disagree more. Sometimes our government is just wrong; and if no one takes a stand and points it out for the rest of America to see, then it will just continue to happen, and crooked politicians will continue to get away with this crap.

The Bundys are heros just like the people who stood up at the Battle of Athens, and Edward Snowden. All of them stood up when the odds were against them, but they knew what they were doing was right.

Again, this has NOTHING to do with grazing fees. This is about politicians lining their pockets while kicking good Americans like Bundy to the curb like yesterday's trash. The government would not spend $1,000,000 to round up and seize his cattle just because Bundy didn't pay his bills. They want him gone just like the other 51 ranchers that already left because of this.

• Like 4

ok new video from today... the cows went home yesterday. Whats with the extra equipment? the video doesn't explain much but it doesn't seem they have given up...

(edit... this first video was uploaded on Sunday evening with no explanations... later i saw that an a small explanation was added stating that the video clip was actually from Saturday... still very interesting to see the power that shows no boundaries.)

just found this one too and it has some interesting info as well..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rNB3yv_Ji8Y

+1 - Bundy used civil disobedience for 20+ years and look where it got him - Nowhere. The stand off started once the BLM came in to seize the cattle. I feel bad for the BLM officers that were there, because a lot of them are put in a bad place. Harry Reid, the head of the BLM and Reid's criminal son should be the ones down there looking the people in the eye and handling this mess.

• Like 2

Why is this administration so contraire?

post-11051-0-90840700-1397498230.jpg

• Like 2

This situation is something we haven't seen for sometime. Definitely interesting to see how this plays out as this has been going on for years with this rancher. A couple of years ago I read the BLM planned a similar round up and the contractor the BLM hired back out near the last minute due to the replies of the rancher. This is definitely not over and brings up many issues. Risk is high for all people involved. Glad things cooled off.

1) This was an armed response by mostly civilians, not all were armed, but definitely enough to create a armed presence. Civilians and militia providing security and standing ground is substantial, both the militia and separate civilians for showing up and also the area civilians accepting their help.

2) Every person who works for the government need to respect a civilian's right to protect their self, especially "law enforcement" (i.e. cities, counties, state, federal, even military and national guard, etc.). Will you LEO's ask an American civilian to disarm or will you respect that civilian's right? Would you civilians disarm if ordered if asked by BLM or sheriff or other...? even for their safety...?

From a man vs man standpoint, the gun as a weapon is one of the greatest equalizers man has ever known,

• Like 3

them feds didn't give up they just went to go get more guns to take care of these legal americans, i bet if they were illegal alliens they would get more cattle and more land!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh ya and a wellfare check