Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Remington 700 & Model 7 Trigger Recall

I went to buy one today and they said that's a no go.

That's a lot of rifles. Almost a decades worth of the most popular rifle in America. That's gunna leave a mark.

Thank gosh we changed our sendero and other 7mag to timney as soon as we got them.

That sucks. I'll just have a Timney put into mine. I'm not going through the BS of worrying about my rifle in transit.

• Like 1

Must be a weird feeling to buy a new rifles and inorder for to not go off on its own you have to install an aftermarket trigger.

My Dad's rifle is impacted by this recall. What does it cost to put in a Timney trigger? I filled out the online form and it said they were sending out all the shipping supplies and labels.

One of mine falls under this...I'll bet all the aftermarket trigger companies are looking to capitalize on this. I haven't read the fine print. Any time frame on how long the rifles will take to get fixed once we send them??

My rifle is not covered by the recall, but I had this issue already with my model 700 going off by itself! Scary...

I've got one that is affected by the recall. I filled out the form and will send it back. It's my backup rifle so I'm not too worried about turnaround time from them. I'd assume somewhere in the 4-6 week range.