Sign in to follow this  
Christian2

Turkey's are silent in 6a

I have been up in 6a the last two weekends and have not heard anything. Has any one else or are they just quite? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much

I've been putting a lot of miles on this past week in 5A trying to locate turkeys. Getting into the areas by 5AM and owl calling to try to get a gobble. Been hearing 1 a day and a couple of days heard 2-3. Pretty weak totals for the amount of miles I've been driving. I would like to hear what everyone else is encountering.

/>Trying to locate night and morning

Well shoot! That's no bueno then. Yeah they should be answering back right before light.

I have tried all types of things to try and locate them but no luck. You have any pointers

We were in 23 last weekend and had them talking to us all day. Went back to the same place this weekend and they went silent as soon as they flew off the roost. We didn't want to pressure them the week before however they just disappeared in front of us when they don't talk.

I've been trying to get up to 27 to scout but it has been one thing after another the last few weekends but I'm definitely going up this coming weekend.

My 27 tag is coming up as well. Haven't had time at all to get up and scout. Saw a ton of turkey's in September on my dad's bull hunt. Idk I'll just have to wait and see. I doubt they will be gobbling, but they were going nuts in September..... Birds are just weird lol

I was up in 6a this weekend and called back and forth with a Tom for about 30 minutes. Only one I heard though. What are you guys using as a locator call at night?