Sign in to follow this  
Mocha1545

Rim Fishing Last Weekend

Went up to Black Canyon lake this past weekend. Been planning it for months. Set up camp and hit the lake. The wind hit at the same time. No fish Friday. Got up early and caught a couple Saturday morning then the weather hit. Packed up and headed back to town. It was still Great to be outdoors.

post-5669-0-48727900-1398706560.jpg

• Like 1

Hit Woods Canyon on Friday before the major winds hit. Was a BLAST! When the small winds came through, almost everyone packed up and left immediately. It felt like there were only two or three boats on the lake by midday. Missed the storm and snow, fortunately.

That's a very cool picture. :)

TJ

That's a very cool picture. :)

TJ

Unless your next task was to break camp in that weather :)

• Like 1

You should have stayed for Sunday. We caught a 23.5 inch brown and several other 15 inch plus fish Sunday. The weather was pretty nice. Wasn't woods canyon though.

Blue Ridge?

Were you catchin the invasive largemouths or the trout? Last year I caught about 9 12-15 in largemouths in about an hour. See any elk? There's always a ridiculous amount of sign on the shoreline around black canyon!

The snow melted pretty quickly after the sun came out but the wind wasn't going away.

Didn't see any elk but saw over 30 Muley's before the weather set in.

A few Trout but no Bass. The wind was Rippin down by the lake.

Probably should have stayed but the beer reserves were getting low. Evaporation set in during the storm and they kinda disappeared. :o

• Like 1

I was going to go to Woods Canyon on Saturday to camp with my brother but decided that the weather was going to nasty and with him being here on vacation from NY he was here for some sunshine. So I took him to the range for some shooting.

We did go up yesterday and caught a few before the wind kicked up it heels. It was a good thing we didn't go up on Saturday since the campgrounds were still closed.