I don't start practicing till august 1st every year, seems to have worked out just fine, but then again i won't shoot over 60 yards. Good luck to all this year.

You early birds & your high morals make me sick! I'll start thinking about fletching my arrows around the 14th or so... ;)

Heck starting on the 14th is early to some, lol. I'm not good enough to shoot past 60 yards anyways!!

I don't start practicing till august 1st every year, seems to have worked out just fine, but then again i won't shoot over 60 yards. Good luck to all this year.

You early birds & your high morals make me sick! I'll start thinking about fletching my arrows around the 14th or so... ;)

. Lol I shoot year round. But I practice more frequently during the summer. This whole week has been crappy for practice too windy for long shots. I

So when do you guys start to put up your trail cams for the August hunt?

Reddog

. I'm going to put 2 cameras out next Saturday if everything goes according to plan. I've never used them before

im going to do the same thing i do every year. wait till the day before the season to shoot, then never scout and show up for a couple days during the end of the hunt, camp out and get so drunk the first day i dont even really hunt hard at all the next day, get drunk that night again, wake up and not even hunt just load up camp and go home.

• Like 3

im going to do the same thing i do every year. wait till the day before the season to shoot, then never scout and show up for a couple days during the end of the hunt, camp out and get so drunk the first day i dont even really hunt hard at all the next day, get drunk that night again, wake up and not even hunt just load up camp and go home.

sounds like more fun than draggin a deer out. Those things are heaaaaaaavy!

sounds like more fun than draggin a deer out. Those things are heaaaaaaavy!

thats all im good for, my friends kill and i show up to the kill site with a bottle of fireball

• Like 1

Is this what we are going to do again this year? If so I'm in. We just have to watch out for the jumping oaks... Don't want to replace the whole side of my truck again.

I haven't quit shooting since last August. I couldn't be more ready.

hahaha

thank god there are more quality archers like myself... That's identical to the group I shot at 20 yards this morning. You should see my groups at 200 yards. I'm definitely ready to kill the first movement in August for deer and bear and September for my unit 9 tag. Can't wait to kill my spike with giant eye guards....................

Try using a slick trick or rage broadhead. They won't help your accuracy any, but the slick tricks are heat seeking and the rage explodes on contact, thus making the shot placement irrelevant.

If your really concerned about loss of meat, I hear that the ulmers edge will even butcher, wrap and ship your meat home for you. True story, I read it on archerytalk.

This is becoming highly entertaining. :)

you must hunt with the same guys as me.

Well I just got back from checking out my spots and refilling them with salt. The feeling is that Bradley Bishop or I will have a BBD this Aug.

post-5396-0-21966200-1400121207_thumb.jpg

post-5396-0-66401800-1400121366_thumb.jpg

Thinking about heading out to Ben Avery. Who wants to go?