So when do you guys start to put up your trail cams for the August hunt?

Reddog

The year before.

No more of that for me. I left one out last year in my super duper secret spot that was more than a mile down a hiking trail and then about 70-80 yards off the trail. Im not sure during which hunt I lost it but someone pried it off the tree bear box and all. Made for a disappointing trip last week end when I went to replace the batteries and swap cards. Thats the third one I've donated to immoral jackasses in the last couple years so im hangin up the trail cam game for a while. None of the ones i lost were any where close to a road. Nearest was about a mile. It appears thieves are extending their range.

I'm going to donate mine next saturday. Oops I mean go put them out

I'm lucky I can even shoot a bow after this.

post-12322-0-70729400-1400523250_thumb.jpg

I was cut off by a semi on my motorcycle. I got on the brakes a little hard front tire locked up and I went down. I was doing like 60. Speed limit was 45 so I guess I'm partially to blame.. Actually didn't hurt as much as you would think.

We'll I sold my bike. I was out of work for 12 weeks. Short term disability doesn't pay squat. Hunting is a far better hobby

dang that looks worse than mine did. All I had was a wrist that looked like my bicep, super swollen.

Yea. I chipped a piece off the ulna and broke the other side and dislocated it. Also separated my shoulder. Deep down I want another motorcycle, but I have a daughter I can't leave behind.

Glad you made it out alright Camoremi.

The real problem with my wrist wasn't the initial injury, it was what the first Dr. did during the first surgery. He totally screwed up my wrist . I had two follow-up surgeries to fix what he did, After the first one I couldn't even hold a gallon of milk without dropping it, or a plate of food at the Chinese buffet line. Soo embarrassing standing there with everybody looking at me with a huge mess at my feet. I warn everybody! if you need surgery on your wrist or hand call me I will tell you who the bad surgeon is!!!

I didn't do the surgery. They explained it to me. And the list of complications was large. They said I would have decreased range of motion and most likely early arthritis. Among many other things. Then I asked if I didn't do it. Only two things. The arthritis and range of motion. It was a no brainer for me

I didn't do the surgery. They explained it to me. And the list of complications was large. They said I would have decreased range of motion and most likely early arthritis. Among many other things. Then I asked if I didn't do it. Only two things. The arthritis and range of motion. It was a no brainer for me

The first surgeon did a Ulna ostiodomy (shortening) of the Ulna bone. He stated it was too long and needed to be shortened. After shortening it my wrist became unstable due to the major difference. My BETTER DR. stated that shortening it at my age was NOT the right thing to do as my wrist was very stable prior to the accident. He also stated that I had been seen by one of his best students and one of his worst. Well the worst was my first surgeon. :( :angry: It took him several hours and two surgeries just to fix the new issue. I now have a "floating" Ulna bone at the wrist. The knuckle end of the bone is now fused to my Radius and the bones of my hand.