Well I just got back from checking out my spots and refilling them with salt. The feeling is that Bradley Bishop or I will have a BBD this Aug.

The cattle will sure appreciate it.

Well I just got back from checking out my spots and refilling them with salt. The feeling is that Bradley Bishop or I will have a BBD this Aug.

The cattle will sure appreciate it.

No cattle in the areas I have salt!

• Like 1

Elkhunter. Do you think cattle affect deer? I've been told they don't, but every time I see cattle I never see deer

Elkhunter. Do you think cattle affect deer? I've been told they don't, but every time I see cattle I never see deer

Absolutely without a doubt!!!! I have experienced it first hand. I had five Coues bucks coming into a water tank daily between 09:30 and 13:45. The rancher placed around 50 to 75 head in this small pasture three days before the Aug. hunt. I sat it for three days and in that time the cows drank that tank nearly dry and I never saw the bucks or any deer for that matter, just cows in my face all day every day. With the cows hanging inside the tank fencing it kept the deer out.

Come on September 12!!

Don't rub it in to much Casey. lol

Grr apparently firstcoues has a early bull tag?

I wonder if the bulls are even going to grow 5th points this year with how dry it is. I'm beginning to wonder if i was lucky to draw my archery elk tag this year, or if it was a curse. Nothing wrong with 350 class 5 point bulls i guess, only time will tell.

Believe it or not but the one in my Avatar scores ONLY 316 2/8 it is a true 6x6.

• Like 1

Absolutely without a doubt!!!! I have experienced it first hand. I had five Coues bucks coming into a water tank daily between 09:30 and 13:45. The rancher placed around 50 to 75 head in this small pasture three days before the Aug. hunt. I sat it for three days and in that time the cows drank that tank nearly dry and I never saw the bucks or any deer for that matter, just cows in my face all day every day. With the cows hanging inside the tank fencing it kept the deer out.

+1 on this. My favorite stomping ground out in 24b got over run with range cattle a few years ago and it definetely altered the deer hangouts. The upshot though is that the range cattle is natures bulldozer and they've created some pretty decent trails into some nasty areas. Good for the deer and the hunters chasing them. But they will clean out your salt in a hurry.

The salt is for the cattle or it would be baiting.

. I Don't think salt is considered bait since ranchers use it for their cattle

States that you can use salt. Kind of a grey area on supplements

post-12322-0-94267600-1400385930_thumb.jpg

So when do you guys start to put up your trail cams for the August hunt?

Reddog

The year before.

• Like 1