Sign in to follow this  
NYAZHunter

Out of state hunting licenses , am I reading it correctly?

I see that the license fees are posted on the AZGFD site. If i am reading it correctly, an out of state hunter must by a combo ( hunting and fishing) license for the price of $160.

Is this correct?

Got to say that it is absurd to have a hunter who only comes to hunt, buy a fishing license. Feels like a money grab , even more so than making the out of staters purchase a non refundable license fee when not drawn.

I would love to know the reasoning behind this .

Ok , I often go off a bit premature.

2013 Hunting license out of state - $151.25

2014 Hunting/Fishing license out of state - $160

Mea culpa, no big deal

2013 Permit tag fee - $232.75

2014 Permit fee tag - $315 includes $15 app fee

Approx. 25% increase in a year.

Ok , I often go off a bit premature.

2013 Hunting license out of state - $151.25

2014 Hunting/Fishing license out of state - $160

Mea culpa, no big deal

Bingo.

The state gets money from the P-R Act based on how many licenses are sold. A combination license counts as two licenses under the formula used. So, instead of jacking up the price of both NR hunting and NR fishing licenses, they decided to make combo the only option and to give it a modest price increase over the old hunting license. If NR fishermen don't like it then they still have the short term licenses available. Same thing for NR small game hunters.

Got to say that it is absurd to have a hunter who only comes to hunt, buy a fishing license. Feels like a money grab , even more so than making the out of staters purchase a non refundable license fee when not drawn.

I agree, this is totally absurd, in fact I tell all out of state residence that your way better off in other states! Arizona has no good hunting anyways

• Like 6

Yeah this change was part of the "license simplification" or whatever they called it. Included increases for all of us...

Jim , good to see Your still around. I just paid $580 for Montana deer tag. They call it a Deer combo tag. It lets You hunt small game and fish too. Its a rip unless You have time to do it all, but I really enjoy the deer hunt. If I wasn't up here making the big bucks in the oil field, I wouldn't do it................BOB!

Bob,

Hope the temps are rising for you.

New York non res is $140 for the deer tag plus $50 if you want a bear tag.

Just know that the price increase is a whole lot more than the COL increase.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim , good to see Your still around. I just paid $580 for Montana deer tag. They call it a Deer combo tag. It lets You hunt small game and fish too. Its a rip unless You have time to do it all, but I really enjoy the deer hunt. If I wasn't up here making the big bucks in the oil field, I wouldn't do it................BOB!

I got a Montana deer tag again this year Bob! We'll have to hook up and head out there. I killed a 145" whitetail out there last year on a weekend trip. We had elk/deer combo tags last year so it was $1k for both, which isn't too bad for all the opportunity you get. I just got a deer tag this year as I drew AZ and NM muzzy bull tags so my elk kill gland is gonna be pretty satisfied hopefully!

don't come

• Like 1

Bob you working in the Bakken or the Three Forks formation?

I drive truck for Power Fuels, Now known as Nuverra. They bus us from Minot to Stanley, then we drive our trucks from Stanley to where ever. Mostly Newtown area to Watford and north almost to Canada. been in Williston 4-5 times working. My # is 701-500-9845. I work nites. Leaving for work now. bus leaves at 5pm. Nuverras main office is in Scottsdale. Hope to tranfer some day but the pay is much better here. They pay us to ride the bus too..........BOB!

I drive truck for Power Fuels, Now known as Nuverra. They bus us from Minot to Stanley, then we drive our trucks from Stanley to where ever. Mostly Newtown area to Watford and north almost to Canada. been in Williston 4-5 times working. My # is 701-500-9845. I work nites. Leaving for work now. bus leaves at 5pm. Nuverras main office is in Scottsdale. Hope to tranfer some day but the pay is much better here. They pay us to ride the bus too..........BOB!

Haha. Small world, I think I just drove by ya. Here was a bunch of tankers rolling out of the power fuels lot on the east side of Stanley right at 6:00! I need to get my CWt Stivker on my pickup!