Guest oneshot

Morels/Ginsing in AZ???

Funny this came up, I have two burn spots from last year that were nice slow ground burns and I plan to hit both hard for morels during the otc season. They are supposed to still be in old burns also but I haven’t found any

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Ive yet to taste one. Cant wait though.  Im really interested in finding some of the lobster claw mushrooms this weekend. They supposedly actually taste like seafood.  I'm wanting momma to find a killer lobster bisque recipe to put some in .  

Did you find some and then dehydrate them or what?

I wish man. I actually ordered these in from the Midwest. It’s been way dry around us the past year for good shrooms. I haven’t ever found or tasted lobster claw? Sounds good though! Pasta tonight was orgasmic!!

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’ve seen no morels this year but many lobsters. I’m too afraid to eat them though 

Morels are only supposed to be in early spring. Easter will be my mental reminder for those.  Lobsters seem to be one of the most easily identifiable. If I remember correctly 7000' and up and if you found one they are probably abundantly nearby.  

4 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I wish man. I actually ordered these in from the Midwest. It’s been way dry around us the past year for good shrooms. I haven’t ever found or tasted lobster claw? Sounds good though! Pasta tonight was orgasmic!!

What did you pay?

35 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I’ve seen no morels this year but many lobsters. I’m too afraid to eat them though 

I don’t know shot from shoot. But I love lobster mushrooms 

51 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Morels are only supposed to be in early spring. Easter will be my mental reminder for those.  Lobsters seem to be one of the most easily identifiable. If I remember correctly 7000' and up and if you found one they are probably abundantly nearby.  

But they’re a fungus that can grow on poisonous mushrooms right?

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

But they’re a fungus that can grow on poisonous mushrooms right?

Hmm good question.  

Slide fire burn produced baskets full of morels for me first few years after the fire but I barely find them anymore. April- May time period. Lobsters can be found anywhere. Coolest find for me so far is Lions Mane and Cauliflower mushroom. Also Porcini, Portabella and Oyster mushrooms.

Edited by ALYUAZ
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, biglakejake said:

mushrooms?  cabeza prieta?  ed abbey?  gotta be a bad joke there somewhere.

you gonna find that ol' boy?

Find all kinds of stuff If I was out there shrooming 

• Like 1