Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

Phoenix P.D. at your service.

I received a call from my wife today that she was hit head-on by a hit-and-run driver. I was there in two minutes, the fire department was there in 3. PHX. PD took 45 minutes to get there. My wife is bruisded and battered, but they suck arse. I had to flag a cop down to do the report. The guy was caught so thats a plus.

I was a cop for 4 years 20 plus years ago and it's not the same?t You dont get what your taxes pay for. Today was a joke and im not laughing. Phx. Fire was great and picked up where phx pd took a chit.

be willing to bet it is a conscious decision by PD to make a point because they just had to take a pay cut.....

The fd did too. Just better morals? Sorry to hear about you wife.

Of course it is not the same as 20 years ago. Despite the poor experience you had its changed for the better overall in most regards.

While a 45 minute response time is bad, the good news is everything worked out as good as possible, the other half was caught and arrested (since your wife wanted to prosecute). Your wife isn't seriously injured.

As far as the time my only question is what time of day was it? Folks are making it sound like Phoenix PD was not doing anything else. They are missing a whole lot of officers due to the hiring freeze when they were down 500 already. Talk to a Phoenix Officer some time, you wouldn't sign up to do their job.

• Like 1

If the hit and run driver had a gun, they would have been there in a nanosecond. Last time I called TUPD, I couldn't even get them to show up. Setting up speed traps is more profitable.

• Like 1

I'm glad your wife is fine. I had someone break into my neighbors shed in the back of his yard Saturday morning. Got thier license plate # and called the police, took then 1/2 an hour to get there and when they do they say that there was no crime committed then left!!!! "I was like what the!!!!!!

Be grateful you're not in Albuquerque.

• Like 2

My wife had a problem with someone stalking her at work. I showed up 45 minutes before mesa pd. Cop gave her attitude for calling me. I thought I was gonna get arrested for voicing my opinion and what would happen if this guy showed up again.

• Like 1

Of course it is not the same as 20 years ago. Despite the poor experience you had its changed for the better overall in most regards.

While a 45 minute response time is bad, the good news is everything worked out as good as possible, the other half was caught and arrested (since your wife wanted to prosecute). Your wife isn't seriously injured.

As far as the time my only question is what time of day was it? Folks are making it sound like Phoenix PD was not doing anything else. They are missing a whole lot of officers due to the hiring freeze when they were down 500 already. Talk to a Phoenix Officer some time, you wouldn't sign up to do their job.

Time was 1320. Two cops drove by the scene and not code 3, they looked and kept going. Another is across the street getting his thirstbuster. Another passed without stopping finally I waved down #4. I have talked to a phx pd officer it was yesterday and wasnt impressed and I have signed up for that job. You are right if you mean I wouldnt want their job.

A ladies car was stolen, the cops were called immediately. 30 minutes or so goes by and the cops show up. When she complained about the response time the cop told her "Why rush here, your car is gone. We were searching a perimeter to find your car."

Not saying your situation was right.

But remember, we don't need guns of our own. The police will be there to help us when we need them.

• Like 2

I guess it coulda been worse. I got pulled over by glendale for a headlight and gave him my license and CCW. he wanted to remove my gun from me for his safety, i informed him that it was in condition one. he took the xd45 off my hip and then proceeded to ask me how to unload it. at that point I wanted to remove his weapon for my safety. I've never been so worried about someone shooting themselves or someone else.