Sign in to follow this  
BowHuntAZ

Any Fishing recommendations in Maui for honeymoon

I don't think Kauai is much better. They do have some of the best zipline tours around, go on one of them and you will have a blast. At the end of ours they took us to a big water hole with a zip line swing and a diving platform and everyone loved it.

I also would really check out the bass fishing in the streams. Everyone goes to the ocean, another beach but the jungle is a lot more interesting in my opinion and the jungle there is very safe, no snakes, no biting critters, and not a lot of bugs. The zipline guide told me the hikes and views in some of the places he bass fishes are amazing.

I can't help with the other islands but I have fished with these guys out of Oahu and caught fish. A Marlin about 450 pounds and a Yellow Fin about 135 pounds.

Both within about a half hour of each other. My son boated the Yellow Fin then my buddies daughter caught the Marlin. We also saw a huge school of Yellow Fin busting the surface but my buddies daughter and son started getting seasick and wanted to go in.

My son and I had some Scopace so the seas didn't bother us which were only about 2 1/2 feet. I would give them a call and see who they recommend.

http://www.live-bait.com/frazier/CharterInfo/go

Mexico is definitely out of the question. We already have Hawaii hotels booked and this isn't just a fishing trip, it's also a 2 week long vacation with a day or two of fishing. I wish I was going to SD for Tuna this year, should be good this year. We hit it once before on a hot year and over stuffed the boat's freezer. We were literally gaffing 100# plus tunas at the back of the boat when they were boiling, didn't even need fishing line or bait.

I'm also looking into Kauai deep sea fishing as a possibility too. I've never had a great experience fishing from Maui. I wonder if Kauai is any better, maybe less fished out since it's a smaller more remote island?

What boat were you on in SD that caught all the tuna? I always use the "Prowler" Awesome Capt and we slaughter the tuna and dorado.

I'll have to dig up the old pics to see what boat we were on, it was 14 years ago. It was out of Point Loma.

I can't help with the other islands but I have fished with these guys out of Oahu and caught fish. A Marlin about 450 pounds and a Yellow Fin about 135 pounds.

Both within about a half hour of each other. My son boated the Yellow Fin then my buddies daughter caught the Marlin. We also saw a huge school of Yellow Fin busting the surface but my buddies daughter and son started getting seasick and wanted to go in.

My son and I had some Scopace so the seas didn't bother us which were only about 2 1/2 feet. I would give them a call and see who they recommend.

http://www.live-bait.com/frazier/CharterInfo/go

I'll give them a call and see what they can recommend. Thanks!

I don't think Kauai is much better. They do have some of the best zipline tours around, go on one of them and you will have a blast. At the end of ours they took us to a big water hole with a zip line swing and a diving platform and everyone loved it.

I also would really check out the bass fishing in the streams. Everyone goes to the ocean, another beach but the jungle is a lot more interesting in my opinion and the jungle there is very safe, no snakes, no biting critters, and not a lot of bugs. The zipline guide told me the hikes and views in some of the places he bass fishes are amazing.

We're thinking about doing the zipline tour too and probably do some of our own exploring around the island to see if we can get lost or find an undiscovered Hawaiian pygmy tribe.

Keep the food recommendations coming too. \We plan on eating our way around each island. Love trying new food at different places.

If you happen to go to Oahu or the big island try these places. They are local favorite spots that are not too expensive.

On Ohau go to Nico’s at pier 38. Great fresh seafood and great prices.

On the big Island try Kaaloa’s Super J’s. Local hole in the wall joint with the best lau lau. We bring some home frozen every time we are in Hawaii.

http://www.nicospier38.com/

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/37/1522193/restaurant/Hawaii/Kaaloas-Super-Js-Authentic-Hawaiian-Captain-Cook

Mama's Fish House for dinner. One of the best seafood restaurants anywhere. Go early and get a table with a view of the beach. Watch the wind surfers while you eat local fish from the restaurants live wells, as fresh as possible.

The fishing is best on the big island.

I'm starting to think off shore fishing may just not be worth it in Hawaii. Probably smarter to save the cash and not go for a crappy boat ride. Thanks for all the input everyone.

I should change the topic to "any EATING recommendations in hawaii" cause it sounds much more productive than fishing in hawaii. lol

Buuba's burgers are great if you want a break from eating all the amazing seafood.

Was just there in late May and discoverd Ono Tacos! Awesome 'street' tacos if you're looking for a fix while there!! :)

S.

:)

Well we're finally getting ready to leave for our trip. No fishing trip booked as it sounds like a poor investment. I'm taking a list of everyone's recommendations on here and we'll see how good of taste you all have. Thanks again to everyone for their input. We have a ton of stuff planned while we're there and lots of time open for relaxing on the beach too!