Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

which pack is the best all around for hunting?

I'm gonna be in the market for a new pack soon. I need something that i can use for deer and elk hunts and i dont want to get one that is to small but i dont need a super huge one either but i do want a good size one. what packs do you guys use I want a good one but I don't want to break the bank any info?

I have the Badlands 2200 ad I love it. But Iwould like to get the new Sacrifice from Badlands.

I packed both hind quarters of this 120lb Coues last year, all up hill!

post-5396-0-34307000-1400657913_thumb.jpg

This buck my dad killed was packed out whole strapped to the 2200.

post-5396-0-47183600-1400658217_thumb.jpg

Eberlystock team elk is a great pack. Compacts enough to make a day pack expands enough to all haul elk quarters. Its narrow enoight you have full range of motion to shoot a bow while wearing it.

I have the Badlands 2200. Several times I have packed out an entire coues deer, or a hind quarter of an elk. However I am looking to upgrade to the tenzing.

whatever pack you can get someone else to carry your deer/elk out with is the best pack. I have the Badlands 2800, 2200 and several others. I mostly carry the 2800 because it has the pockets in a wing style that I open up and store things in between them when I pack in or out heavy. I bought strap and extended the original ones. I also have a Outdoorsmans frame pack if going to camp/hunt. Great pack.

Now I have to look at the Tenzing CF13. Ouch. It might be pricey but wow.

They claim you can carry 300lbs on the tenzing cf but of course that's if you can handle that much weight. But that price tag yikes!

i would go with the outdoorsmans and don't look back!!!!! you can take off the bag and pack out meat with just the frame and the pouch that is attached to the frame or you can put everything in the bag.....i put a coues deer (gutted) inside my bag, whole, not butchered,and packed it out..... it is a great pack....very versatile and will suit just about every need. i put my tripod in 1 side pouch and my dad 85mm spotter in the other and then.

one very useful, yet rarely spoken of feature is the knobs on the top corners of the frame that when carrying a rifle allow you to put the sling over them, and it takes all the weight of the rifle off your shoulder....everybody knows how annoying it is when you constantly have to keep pulling that sling back on your shoulder.....this will never happen when using this feature...... shown below...the rifle inst on it but you can see the knob hope this helps!!!!!!

post-12189-0-30005500-1400682512_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Eberlestock X2. Big enough to carry elk quarters. Light enough for day pack. Excellent quality. Can add a scabbard for hands free hiking

I have the Badlands 2200 ad I love it. But Iwould like to get the new Sacrifice from Badlands.

I have mentioned it before but I have the Sacrifice as my "all-around" pack and it's great. My avatar shows my pack stuffed with a boned out Coues and day pack worth of gear. It still had plenty of room even without the vertical expansion (that's where it meets the elk quarter need). It's light, comfortable, collapsible or expandable for varying volume requirements, bow/rifle friendly, an "all-around" great pack IMO.

I have mentioned it before but I have the Sacrifice as my "all-around" pack and it's great. My avatar shows my pack stuffed with a boned out Coues and day pack worth of gear. It still had plenty of room even without the vertical expansion (that's where it meets the elk quarter need). It's light, comfortable, collapsible or expandable for varying volume requirements, bow/rifle friendly, an "all-around" great pack IMO.

That is why I am looking at it as well as the Blue Widow from Eberlystock.

• Like 1

Eberlestock X2. Big enough to carry elk quarters. Light enough for day pack. Excellent quality. Can add a scabbard for hands free hiking

X-2 gets my vote.

post-5912-0-54418200-1400719876_thumb.jpg

I've tried them all and I finally bought the outdoorsman's pack. It the best one out there for stability and comfort for hauling lots of gear for miles. Awesome pack.