If you don't have max points or one under max you will very likely never have max.

• Like 1

I found all the hunts

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/bonus/5-2013/2013%20Fall%20Draw%20-%20Bonus%20Point%20Report%20-%201-2%20Pass%20by%20Hunt%20Number.pdf

I'm looking at a unit with 1 tag and low success rate. Why? I've seen sheep in there and I (if ever so lucky) would be the only hunter in the field.

PS: Resident Hunters Only

Unless you have 25 points get in the draw every year. The year you put in for points only is the year your name would have come up.

• Like 1

If you want the simple fix go buy the current issue of Eastman's Bowhunting Journal there is a very informative article that will help you understand everything. Muledeerarea33, there is no guaranteed sheep tag in Arizona!!!! If you don't have max points currently then you probably never will unless game and fish changes the way they do things. Good Luck to all.

Unless you have 25 points get in the draw every year. The year you put in for points only is the year your name would have come up.

I won't be able to hunt it this year if I drew a tag, bonus point is the next best option. I believe in luck as much as the other guy but usually it's him pulling the trigger and me helping on the pack out. Good luck to all on the sheep draw.

I'm in. Just finished applying. Went well and quick. 21 nonres. points. Slim chance. Good luck all. BRIAN RiMZA, I saw Your article when i got my Eastmans in the mail. Nice job..................BOB!

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/documents/bonus/5-2013/2013%20Fall%20Draw%20-%20Bonus%20Point%20Report%20-%201-2%20Pass%20by%20Hunt%20Number.pdf

I'm not sure I'm looking at this correctly. If you go to page 50 and look at hunt 06001 it appears to me that the tag went to a hunter with 12 bonus points while passing several others with more points. I'm looking at the line with the 1 under Total Success as the hunter with the tag.

In hunt 06002 the tag went to a hunter with only 1 bonus point.

Am I wrong on this? How do you read the report if so.

I'm not sure I'm looking at this correctly. If you go to page 50 and look at hunt 06001 it appears to me that the tag went to a hunter with 12 bonus points while passing several others with more points. I'm looking at the line with the 1 under Total Success as the hunter with the tag.

You are correct on how you read it.

Brian

You are correct on how you read it.

Brian

Thanks Mike and Brian, it finally sunk in to this thick skull of mine. I can't get over how so many with so little points got drawn.

TJ

Sheep draw odds can get very confusing, Most people think that you have to have max points to draw a tag. When in fact 80% of the tags get drawn on the 1-2 pass.

Last year only units 16a, 24b,22,31&32,37a,37b, 39w, 40b Mohawk & 43 had Bonus point pass tags. Every other desert bighorn tag was Luck of the draw!

All we need is a little luck.

Some people keep applying for 22 not knowing they have literally 0.0 chance of drawing unless they do have max points. Even with max points your odds are only 5% and are only going to get worse as the years go on. I have accepted the fact that the sheep in 22 are safe from my arrow unless I win the raffle!!!

Well put Huntharder. You are 100% correct. Looking through who was drawn with how many bonus points last year will open your eye's to the possibility's. As much as I would like to hunt 22 they are safe from me as well. I will have to keep hoping to win the lottery even with 23 resident points.

Man!!!! 23 points would have to be the most frustrating total a guy could have. So Close, yet so far. Good luck in the draw

Yep, you hit the nail on the head, as many people with 2 points seem to get drawn as with 23 points, makes you wonder why you buy that point every year sometimes :)