Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Cool find from this winter

That's freakin awesome sweet finds!!! Dream find for sure!

Very impressive! That is definitely a great day. Thanks Josh for sharing with some of us who just don't get out. :)

TJ

GREAT Coues buck Josh!! Wow! double matching droptines is so rare! What a find!!! Congrats!

fyi, I fixed your pics in your post for you.....you just rotate them before uploading them so they will show correctly. The forum has no way to know which way you intend for the pic to be rotated, so you have to have the pics in the correct position before uploading. When viewing a list of files in windows you can just right click and rotate very easily, but I think you use a Mac and so I don't know how to do it there. Maybe you can just right click and rotate also? That way you don't even need a photoediting program for it.

Glad you guys/gals all love it as much as I do! When I was looking at it thru the scope I thought there was a chance that the left side might have a drop but from the angle I just wasn't sure. Absolutely blew my mind when I pulled it outta the brush as you can imagine!

When I glassed up the shed I told my buddy Gail that I'd spotted a busted antler but wasn't sure what it was. So I bailed off into the canyon and was stoked to see it was a double drop Coues shed!!! The elk had eaten the base nearly clean off though which sucks but oh well. I never found a single other bone off the skull so who knows where the rest was. An elk had recently flipped it over or I'd probably never have seen it. The inside of the rack is starting to pink out and I'm sure it was dead there when I'd found the shed 2 years ago. I'd guess it laid there for 4-6 years possibly. The shed laid there for probably 3 years before I found it.

And for those of you who worry about picking up heads. I texted the unit G&F guy at the time I found them and told him about both of them and he said they were no problem to pick up.

Ya thanks Amanda. I do have a Mac and all my pics show right side up on my photo gallery. But now I know that the vertical pics always rotate left when posting them.

Any guesses on score?

post-3-0-98735500-1402979130_thumb.jpgpost-3-0-29890500-1402979155_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-91263000-1402979098_thumb.jpg