standman

Unit 1/3b fire

At what point though do we trust the govenrment to say when it should be shut or opened? The land belongs to all of us. Not just those who live there or have fond memories of hunts there. I understand though the ones who work and live there being alittle more aggrevated and on edge. I would be too. You have more legitmate reasons to voice your issues and concerns. But the same bunch we all complain about running this country into the ground, is the same bunch we want to fight forest fires and close public lands. Every year they close Mt Graham usually in Nov-May. Even before the first snow fall. Why??? I know why. They dont like people up there to begin with due to the red squirrel and the telescope but tell us its for our own good so we dont get stuck on the mountain when the snow is too deep. I dont need pencil pushers from a city telling me whats good for me or closing the forest down because they believe they have a monopoly on the power and know whats best. Closing the forest down wont undo drought or idiotic people. Unfortuntely they do shut it down, and it still burns in the summer and people still get stuck in the winter.

• Like 2

Anyone see the video posted up by one the crews who had the 1/2 mile safe zone breached in under a few min? It looked like the hill was spontaneously combusting.

To you fire crews- respect

Pretty sure I saw that same video but it was from 2012 that someone just posted in the last few days.

At what point though do we trust the govenrment to say when it should be shut or opened? The land belongs to all of us. Not just those who live there or have fond memories of hunts there. I understand though the ones who work and live there being alittle more aggrevated and on edge. I would be too. You have more legitmate reasons to voice your issues and concerns. But the same bunch we all complain about running this country into the ground, is the same bunch we want to fight forest fires and close public lands. Every year they close Mt Graham usually in Nov-May. Even before the first snow fall. Why??? I know why. They dont like people up there to begin with due to the red squirrel and the telescope but tell us its for our own good so we dont get stuck on the mountain when the snow is too deep. I dont need pencil pushers from a city telling me whats good for me or closing the forest down because they believe they have a monopoly on the power and know whats best. Closing the forest down wont undo drought or idiotic people. Unfortuntely they do shut it down, and it still burns in the summer and people still get stuck in the winter.

GD right! I could not have said it better myself. aside from closing down the forest how in the heck do you close on the Indian Reservation forest?

GD right! I could not have said it better myself. aside from closing down the forest how in the heck do you close on the Indian Reservation forest?

----a portion of this comment has been removed by moderator----------

I hope you are sarcastic when you say that. There are good members on CWT who come from Arizonas and NM tribes and reservations, and even if they weren't members here, I find what you said over the top and derogatory and something I don't expect to read on cwt.

We're all entitled to our opinions, share your opinions like this somewhere else.

• Like 2

Wow azkiller. I am wmApache member and can read English just fine. Im Surprise you can talk bad about a whole reservation like that :) You sound like a great person

I said most! :-) just trying to point out that its not the usa and we have no way to close your forest. And yes if it were up to me there would be no res. Assimilate, we won.

• Like 1

Probably need to re-read history. Not sure I need or want to know what a "WL" is and I prefer that Amanda does not delete your rant. I'm not going to beat you down on here but as a human being I'm embarrassed for you and I'll leave it at that.

• Like 3

Probably need to re-read history. Not sure I need or want to know what a "WL" is and I prefer that Amanda does not delete your rant. I'm not going to beat you down on here but as a human being I'm embarrassed for you and I'll leave it at that.

I dont know what a wl is. No need to feel embarrassed, I'm happy with who I am.

• Like 2

Azkiller----your a special kinda stupid making remarks like this, and I dont care to read any apologies or back handed remarks from you again. If I were a moderator on this forum, you sir would be removed as a member. Ignorance like yours is a disease this site does not need. Just unbelievable this hasn't been removed already Amanda, absolute shame.

• Like 2

I would never want to impede on your rights to go anywhere in this great country, but by that same respect I would like you to value my rights, property, livelihood, and most importantly my family by not starting a fire and causing me and many people like you and me to evacuate because of fire. Whether a fire is caused by accident or purpose, naturally or by stupidity the effects last several lifetimes and will directly effect tens of thousands of people both short term and for many years to come. There is a reason to close the forest not to keep you out, but to keep people in their homes and to keep hundred year old trees at a level more than match sticks. You can always tell when someone has gone through a fire or natural disaster when the emergency broadcast system comes on they listen. I know you would not cause a fire, but their are too many stupid people in the US to discriminate.

• Like 1

My dad taught me this when I was young:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Your ignorant, small minded and racist comment has given us a pretty good idea of what composes your substance as a human being. My wife and children may be "Window Lickers" as you describe them but they understand English, respect for others, and consequences for their actions something I'd be happy to teach you the same way I taught them. Unfortunately for you, your small world only gets smaller when you reveal your character with a comment like this. Now we all can see you for what you are and this community won't put up with someone who is willing to degrade their peers because of where they live, or what they look like. You had an opportunity to share thoughts and ideas with thousands of individuals who share your passions and interests but you crap that away when you begin building walls out of skin color and heritage. I hope Amanda bans you for life, and I will send her an email saying as much. There are too many good people on this site to waste any space with your intellectually weak rhetoric.

• Like 7

Guest 300ultramag.

Window licker? can't read English?

Your either 8 years old or your daddy didn't love you enough. Pick one.

Regardless I pray for you sincerely... Be kind brother.... No need for the words here.

• Like 1