We have a bunch of collared doves here in Lakeside. They roost in the trees around our place year round.

Brian

Dan, there's big fat ring necks everywhere. I feed about 2 dozen chickens and 10,000 dove every day.

The skies are full of those gray ghosts, haven't shot them since the '70's but I want to if I can find ammo.

Me and a buddy went riding a few months ago and for hours were flushing quail. For hours I don't think we were once without quail all around us.

I have had no problems finding shotgun shells (unlike affordable 22)and still have most of a case I bought from Sportsmans last year.

Where did you see the changes ? Can't find it on azgfd.gov.

Thanks!

Havent' been in years,,,, Anybody got a spot close to Phx .So I can get the grandkids started .

The monsoon smell , brings back my dove hunting youth..

Looks like the storms have chased them all out of the Marana area, came by the feed yard at Red Rock the other day and could only find 6 doves.

Looks like the storms have chased them all out of the Marana area, came by the feed yard at Red Rock the other day and could only find 6 doves.

i tried that spot last year at the advice of a friend, the 1/4 mile marker signs, the 20 people all next to each other, and the lack of birds just put a bad taste in my mouth. Just too citified for my hunting style. Haven't seen any real great activity southeast of Tucson either.

I always to to find desert washes with dove. Hunting fields opening day is way too crowded. I also find you have the best chance to find unethical, unsafe hunters during dove opener. Luckily these people are too lazy to get out the rest of the year.

• Like 1

I don't have any trouble finding dove in uncrowded areas during the early season.and,just like with any other hunting I do,if I run into other hunters I'm just not remote enough! Regardless,I'm just looking forward to Monday!