Sign in to follow this  
MOWhitail

Introducing myself

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum, and thought I would post a hello, and introduction. I'm 51 years old, life long hunter (there is picture of me Duck hunting with my dad and grandfather in Oct of my first year, born in January, so not quite a year old). I enjoy rifle hunting, muzzle loader, and love bow hunting. I really enjoy history, and one of the things that drew me to join the forum was the "Vintage Picture" thread, I like that stuff a lot. I grew up in Missouri, and three years ago moved to Washington State where I pastor a small church just outside Mt Rainier National Park. I've hunted the mountians for deer and elk since the early '80's and try to make it to the mountians most years. My favorite states to hunt are Idaho, Wyoming and Arizona. I've got a cousin that lives in Sedona, so I visit her down there when I'm hunting in the area. I've been wanting to hunt Coues for quite a while now, and really appreciate all the information and experiences that all of you share here. I was planning on going Coues hunting this year for the Archery season in Dec. with some friends, but just discovered that my Card got hit for a Mule Deer tag in 12AW for me and my 16 year old son (I'm sure it is the early hunt, don't have enough points to have drawn the late hunt as a non res, though I did put it down as first choice), so I guess that will have to wait until next year. Anyway, thanks for a great site and allowing a new comer to join in.

• Like 2

Congrats on the tag!! Welcome, to the best hunting forum on the internet. Lots of great people here. : )

• Like 1

Either way that's a great draw, congrats and welcome to the site. I've been trying to get an elk tag near Mt. Rainier with my dad for a few years now. He lives over in Lacey Wa.

Congratulations on your 12AW tag. You're going to like this site. There are some really serious coues hunters here and they are always willing to share information. WELCOME! :)

TJ

Welcome to a great site with great people. Congrats on the tags. Looking forward to reading about your hunt.

Welcome to the site and thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. Congratulations on the draw and good luck on the hunt. Take a lot of pictures and be sure to post them up after.