Sign in to follow this  
AZMThunter

How Many Points for 22 or 23 Dec WT Will It Take?

So, I was fortunate enough to hunt mulies during December back in 2007 up 12AW on the Kaibab. I have, since then, been applying for a december WT tag in 22 or 23... Every Year... Since 2007... This is starting to suck.

How many points will it take?

Leftovers!

So, I was fortunate enough to hunt mulies during December back in 2007 up 12AW on the Kaibab. I have, since then, been applying for a december WT tag in 22 or 23... Every Year... Since 2007... This is starting to suck.

How many points will it take?

Last year you would have been guaranteed 22 with 9 points if you were a resident. This year it would have been slightly better because the tag numbers were doubled, so maybe 30% odds with 8 points?

If you have really been putting in every year since 2007, without missing a year, without drawing another tag, then you should have had at least 9 points this year as long as you did your part and got your hunters education in order. Either the amount of high-point holding residents drastically changed, or you didn't have 9 points.

as said you can get it with just 1 try or 10 points

i have a friend that drew it with his first try and anouther with 6 i am at 9 and did not get it this year maybe next year for me and wife

shoot my luck has been so bad we did not even get a left over tag last year

we are trying for a 23 tag not 22 been there already

I would keep trying for the tags because you keep your bonus point if you buy a left over tag

8 points in 22 late....tag #49. Guess 8 didn't secure a bonus tag. Crazy.