Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

#2 Record Book Elk

its been 10 months, when do we get to see a pic of this thing? or are you still in contract negotiations for a magazine cover? or maybe theres been a pic posted and I missed it

• Like 5

Let me clarify first. We never said my daughters bull was #2. Those were assumptions. The official score and rank are now finalized. My daughter received a letter from SCI last week. It is # 8 in the world for typical bull taken with a rifle.

Yes, it will be in eastmans hunting journal. The story went to print July 14th. They said it would be out a few weeks after that.

• Like 12

I think it's really cool that your daughter got such a nice bull. In this day an age with all the money and hundreds of people on the take to find these type of bulls that a young girl an her dad that probably had less than 700 dollars into the hunt killed such a stud. Gives us all hope that we don't have to have 50 people looking out there to get the biggest. This bull is by far the most special elk killed last year cause it was done the old school way and on their own. Awesome job and I hope it happens again next year to someone else that's not a guide or someone who payed tons of money to have an army out there searching for them. Very proud of the little girl.

• Like 15

Cool! What was the final score of the bull?

I think it's really cool that your daughter got such a nice bull. In this day an age with all the money and hundreds of people on the take to find these type of bulls that a young girl an her dad that probably had less than 700 dollars into the hunt killed such a stud. Gives us all hope that we don't have to have 50 people looking out there to get the biggest. This bull is by far the most special elk killed last year cause it was done the old school way and on their own. Awesome job and I hope it happens again next year to someone else that's not a guide or someone who payed tons of money to have an army out there searching for them. Very proud of the little girl.

Thanks couesmagnet! We appreciate that! We have learned so much from this experience. It been quite the education.

• Like 1

I know your not going to like this answer. I can't say until the magazine comes out. Just a little bit longer. Sorry.

• Like 1

Was it also scored by B&C ? The father daughter experience is what scores the most !

Yes it was but haven't received anything back from B&C. They are aging the bull as well. The score takes a back seat to the hunt!

• Like 3

I know your not going to like this answer. I can't say until the magazine comes out. Just a little bit longer. Sorry.

I am so glad you stuck to your guns. As you can see it just tears up these grown men that they have to start yet another thread about your daughters bull and wether or not it was real. Fact is you know she knows and your family that all ate that wonderful back strap know. Some people have nothing better else to do but start stuff. Congrats to you and your daughter once again. I am sure the wait will be well worth it.

• Like 3

Let me clarify first. We never said my daughters bull was #2. Those were assumptions. The official score and rank are now finalized. My daughter received a letter from SCI last week. It is # 8 in the world for typical bull taken with a rifle.

Yes, I will be in eastmans hunting journal. The story went to print July 14th. They said it would be out a few weeks after that.

I take it the whole story will be posted once you can or can you post the story of the hunt minus the pics?maybe you did I just missed it.

I am so glad you stuck to your guns. As you can see it just tears up these grown men that they have to start yet another thread about your daughters bull and wether or not it was real. Fact is you know she knows and your family that all ate that wonderful back strap know. Some people have nothing better else to do but start stuff. Congrats to you and your daughter once again. I am sure the wait will be well worth it.
Don't think anyone is starting anything they shouldn't about the bull. Just curious about what's going on with it. Probably because none of us have ever heard of one certain bull having to be kept a secret for so long without so much as a score given out. We're not saying it's not real or true. It's like knowing you got a new gun for Christmas and it's all wrapped up ready to be opened but having to sit and wait all morning to get it. They wanna see that bad boy! That's all. We waited this long and I already saw a pic of it so I can wait another two months or so to see it again.
  • Like 2