Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Desert Recluse

in the novel 'The Terror' by dan simmons capt. crozier is quoted as saying 'this place wants us dead'.

when it comes down to a 'trial by faith' 2019 on the mountain had me on the ropes 3 or 4 times.  santa dang sure coulda' kept this Christmas "gift".

WARNING EXPLICIT PICS  yes they will tattoo your brain forever BEWARE

527043480_hand003.thumb.jpg.fe1a03b97170cc1051a5b188672f228e.jpg

1380843340_hand004.thumb.jpg.4f467c64eeeb845380bbb7c0f928533b.jpg

1453391572_hand006.thumb.jpg.0c2c82ecc7b8b3fa458005612281e8f4.jpg

ER staff was discharging me when a senior staff Dr. ordered me admitted-6 hrs from losing the arm or my life.  entire hand was swollen like a 2nd basemans glove.  this post is probably inappropriate but this is my christmas 2019.

9 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

ER staff was discharging me when a senior staff Dr. ordered me admitted-6 hrs from losing the arm or my life.  entire hand was swollen like a 2nd basemans glove.  this post is probably inappropriate but this is my christmas 2019.

That sure looks like a major owie, Lee. What the heck did you do?

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Dude that’s crazy are you gonna be alright? I was in Mexico fishing this past weekend and we met a local who had nearly lost his whole arm to a recluse bite. 

You mean one of those dang spiders made that hole??? 

just prior to thanksgiving snows i had taken my heavy winter comforter and an old sleeping bag from the closet and thew them over the carport clothesline to air out.  48hrs after bringing them back in things started going downhill. 

young professional neighbor with 2 preteens and i have been struggling with spiders for years now.  no food sources found but outreageous numbers of spiders.  have moved woodpiles and demolished sheds, sprayed extensively ourselves and had exterminators in.  had to happen i guess.

lee

Research conducted at Oklahoma State and Texas A&M Universities has confirmed that brown recluse spiders are difficult to kill with most insecticides. Among the various liquid spray formulations, pyrethroid insecticides (e.g., Demand® CS, TalstarOne®, Suspend®, Tempo®, and Demon®) appear to give the improved control, compared to older carbamate and organophosphate chemicals such as Ficam®, Dursban® and Safrotin®. In one trial, the pyrethroid insecticide bifenthrin (Talstar®) showed toxicity with no significant repellency to brown recluse spider adults.

Glad you’re OK. How was the loan now? I’d be interested to see the progress of it. I’ve seen some nasty pictures of what can happen.

I got bit by a recluse a few years back, ignored and blew it off.  Few days later went to hospital and came home with a shoot ton of antibiotics.  It cleared up about 5 days later.  Scar still visible but fading.

I wont mess around anymore by waiting.

20160426_145005.jpg

1 hour ago, el diablo said:

I’d be interested to see the progress of it

rapid improvement occurring,  knock wood.  bitten on 11/27, admitted to hosp 12/1, home 12/5, at the worst i was packing 5 inches of 1/4" ribbon wick into the hole before dressings.  photos were 12/23 pm and dr. said i was out of the woods and to use just ointment and a bandaid to keep clean.

i doubt this is really over.

lee

hope you heal up well!

A guy from work army ranger vet was bit on his foot..... did the normal tough guy thing not going to the Dr.

A week later he dropped a spare tire on his foot and somehow made the infection spread quickly and after removing part of the flesh from his foot the infection persisted and the ended up amputating about 1/2 of his foot! Brown recluse bites = no joke!

James

8 hours ago, biglakejake said:

rapid improvement occurring,  knock wood.  bitten on 11/27, admitted to hosp 12/1, home 12/5, at the worst i was packing 5 inches of 1/4" ribbon wick into the hole before dressings.  photos were 12/23 pm and dr. said i was out of the woods and to use just ointment and a bandaid to keep clean.

i doubt this is really over.

lee

Lee, 

Man, what a terrible way to spend Christmas. Good luck with the healing. Did you see the spider that bit you??