Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Hunt Pix over the years

Hey Coach, leave some for us. LOL

Really great pictures! It's awesome that you have a record like that of all your adventures!

Funny thing is, that second coues was the hardest I ever hunted, and he's the smallest buck I've taken. I camped in a tent in 24A in sub-zero temps and heavy snow for a week. Each day I would get up, make some hot tea, hike about 1.5 miles in my underwear in snow and 15-19 degree temps and glass all day. I had a dry bag up top with insulated coveralls, water and snack food.

I had seen this buck from the first day to the last but I was sure a buck in his teens would show up. One day hiking out, my knee buckled in the snow. I thought my hunt was over. I went home, but as I paced back-and-fourth for days my wife said "just get back out there".

I hiked back up to that peak with an inch of fresh snow, and he just showed up, making scrapes. All the nights in freezing temps, the hiking up practically naked in 14-19 temps, then bundling up and glassing all day. I was sure I would kill a 120 type buck, but no. I end up with a re-injured knee and a small buck, BUT, that hunt will live forever with me because of how hard it was, and how a "dink" buck can make it all worth it if you judge the hunt by the experience instead of inches.

• Like 2

Great collection of trophys and memories. Congratulations on your successes and your mind set.

I did the same thing the other day...Wish I would've listened to Dad when he told me to keep a journal and write a story after each hunt. The years go by fast thats for sure! Congrats on the success...Great post!

Those are seriously some awesome photos!! You don't mess around with those coues, hahaha.