Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Feedback for TSX &. TTSX

Has anybody used these bullets in the .243. I'm thinking about loading one of them in a .243 and .243 wssm for deer hunting. I would to know how the performed. David

Also, Barnes reccomends starting at .050" off, I would defintely start there.... They have liked a jump in ever rifle I have loaded them in.

• Like 1

I use the TSX 85 grn, I haven't worked up a load yet but I'm starting tomorrow. I've used the TTSX 120grn in for a .284 and found a real good load. I don't have much experience with animals taken beside two javelinas this past spring.

I reload the 168gr TTSX in my 300 WM and they are just plain nasty. DRT. Dead Right There.

Aim for bone they bust right through. I use them in a 300 wby. and a 308/3006 you will love em. I have seen three large mule deer and one elk taken with the 243 win. 80 gr. TTSX one shot each.

I load the TSX 85grn for my 6mm that my wife & girls shoot. group great @ the animals just flat drop in their tracks!

Used the 130 gr ttsx in a 270wsm for a coues buck a couple years ago. From 274 yds the bullet hit him in the throat and exited 4" to the 8 o'clock of his tail. Best penetrating bullet I have used.

Not much more to add beyond what's been said. TSX and TTSX are all I load for hunting. IMHO, best bullet ever! And Barnes' tech support is fantastic!

100 gr. TTSX in my .25-06 AI dropped a large mulie in it's tracks at 488 yds. Not a single step.

100 gr. TSX in my .250 AI dropped a large mulie for my daughter. Ran 40 yds. and piled up within sight.

Not the absolute most accurate bullet, but works like a charm. I have found loads for most of my rifles that are sub-MOA, so plenty accurate for hunting.

Our family shoots TTSX or TSX exclusively out of a .308, 30-06, 300WSM, and a 300WM. Nothing we've shot has gone any further than 30 yards. The bullets are just plain deadly and I'll shoot them as long as they exist.

Killed an Antelope @ 286 yds 80gr TTSX with .243

Girl friend killed a muley buck @ 265yds

Sister killed a muley buck @ 212 yds

All one shot kills and the animal dropped. Very potent round!!

41 gr of R22 with 2.700 OACL produces MOA accuracy in a Browning BLR chambered in .243 for me. Not bad for a lever gun...I have not shot an animal with a Barnes 6mm bullet but several elk have succumbed to the TSX in .30 cal and all were very clean kills.