MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

With the gyms being all jacked up this year I’m very happy it’s hunting season. Should be in decent shape by the end of January. Basically have been in maintenance mode just trying to keep my pant size where it is. Wife and I have been back in the gym a few days a week finally. 

Chased quail Saturday, future SIL said we covered 8.5 miles according to his magic watch, which  felt about right.  Legs were tight yesterday so I decided to do dumbell lunges this morning after riding my 10.5.  I'm afraid to take a dump now  cause I dont know if I will make it back up.  Thighs are already screaming.  Tomorrow should be even more joyous.  Getting old sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Chased quail Saturday, future SIL said we covered 8.5 miles according to his magic watch, which  felt about right.  Legs were tight yesterday so I decided to do dumbell lunges this morning after riding my 10.5.  I'm afraid to take a dump now  cause I dont know if I will make it back up.  Thighs are already screaming.  Tomorrow should be even more joyous.  Getting old sucks

Don’t hold it in. Hemorrhoids take longer to heal than quad strains.

• Like 1

Down another 2 lbs this week on the intermittent fasting. Intermittent Halloween candy isn’t helping. 

you know it was a good leg day when you’re afraid to sit on the toilet the following day. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 12:21 PM, NOTAGS said:

I quit going to the gym at the beginning of this  mess. Been biking 10.5 miles every morning since May.... no longer sweating.  Was chilly this morning headed out.  And dark.   Built a redneck gym in the garage, doing shrugs and squats with filled water jugs, and dragging  an Ibeam on a chain that I had pulled with my sxs for grading my road  .  Found a full dumbell set a guy was selling pretty reasonable cause he was moving but  cant find any weights that dont work out to gold prices per lb these days.  Freaking china flu!  I do miss looking at yoga pants on the cardio in front of me....

That sounds hideous!  I wish I had that drive.  Yoga pants are my drive and being strong is just a byproduct!! 

25 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

That sounds hideous!  I wish I had that drive.  Yoga pants are my drive and being strong is just a byproduct!! 

Still have to make reservations at EOS or it go back to almost normal?

56 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Down another 2 lbs this week on the intermittent fasting. Intermittent Halloween candy isn’t helping. 

you know it was a good leg day when you’re afraid to sit on the toilet the following day. 

How do you handle that fasting?  I get freaking Hangry and if I dont eat I'm biting someone's head off. Then I binge eat so it would do more harm than good. And hit the sweets, I ate half  of a carrot cake last weekend.  I dont think that counts as  a veggie serving either.

5 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

How do you handle that fasting?  I get freaking Hangry and if I dont eat I'm biting someone's head off. Then I binge eat so it would do more harm than good. And hit the sweets, I ate half  of a carrot cake last weekend.  I dont think that counts as  a veggie serving either.

Depending on when you want to eat It’s basically skipping breakfast and eating a late lunch, not that hard. 

Oh heck, I do  that every day. sort of.  a hard boiled egg, a protein drink, almonds, pretzels.  They dont count as breakfast do they?  Do you still get dinner, cause I am NOT missing dinner.

8 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

Business as usual except masks required.  Makes cardio like wearing that altotude mask

started wearing the mask on the bike ride last week with the 9000' valves in...., I sound like  a  remake of Halloween going down  the road.

7 minutes ago, NOTAGS said:

Oh heck, I do  that every day. sort of.  a hard boiled egg, a protein drink, almonds, pretzels.  They dont count as breakfast do they?  Do you still get dinner, cause I am NOT missing diner.

Yes that would count, but depending on when you stopped eating the night before. 16 hours fasted 8 hours eating is what most do. 

18 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Yes that would count, but depending on when you stopped eating the night before. 16 hours fasted 8 hours eating is what most do. 

Exactly. I usually eat noon-8pm...some days shorter just depends. Basically just shifted to 2 main meals a day. I miss eating breakfasts on weekends, but otherwise not a huge adjustment for me. Overall total daily calorie cut and not eating late at night is helping me too I’m sure. Black coffee all morning seems to kill the hunger.

i did get hungrier than usual last week while glassing for my buddy on his coues hunt. I may need to adjust on my hunt In a few weeks...will see. 

5 miles 45:25 today. Missed Camelback last Wednesday so had to do makeup on Saturday. Took the boys. I was proud to see Hunter stick with it and get to the top. He fell a couple times and there were tears, but he did it. That kid is tough as nails.

• Like 2