BMF, that first picture is amazing!

Jim, that sounds about right! i think i was trying to stay warm curled up in the fetal position.... you didnt see that part did you? :(

Hey Casey, I saw you doin' sumthin', but that's not what I thought you were doin'! :lol:

Alright, these pic's go along with my #1 photo from last year. This just ties in the theme that my trip to Alaska was full of sights and feelings I've never seen or experienced before. First one was when I realized how hard the hunt was going to be and that it was nothing like I had planned, desolate and remote! The spider web meadow, filled with millions of spiders, gave me the willys even though it made for a beautiful pic! JIM>

alask28.jpg

alaska15.jpg

Geeze Louis Coosefan, that last picture with the spider-web could make the cover of Alaska Highways. Very good eye for photography. You have to blow that one up and frame it on your wall.

Geeze Louis Coosefan, that last picture with the spider-web could make the cover of Alaska Highways. Very good eye for photography. You have to blow that one up and frame it on your wall.

Thanks. If I had that pic hangin' on the wall, I would have nightmares of huge hairy spiders all the time! I don't like spiders......not even a little bit! JIM> ;)

AZP&Y That is a great shot of coues country you got there in the golden hours of they daylight. I would have to say that would be my favorite if i had taken it.
I second what Arizona Guide says. In fact, I might just use that photo in the next Coues Deer celebration video, assuming you don't mind AZP&Y... It's a great photo of Coues Country!

Thank YOU! Amanda and Arizona Guide- Yes, Please Amanda use it for the next Coues Deer celebration video, I would love to see the finished product when it's out.

ANY ONE THAT WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THAT PICTURE OR THE OTHERS I HAVE POSTED I WILL MAIL YOU A FREE 5X7 , JUST SEND ME A PM AND I'LL SEND IT OUT ASAP. THAT WAY WHEN THE NEXT 8 MONTHS GO BY YOU CAN GLANCE AT THE PICTURE AND THINK OF ARIZONA COUES COUNTRY.

Here is one more that I thought depics what Coues Country really is....200 year old Saguaros !

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1170986784_thumb.jpg

post-898-1171416068_thumb.jpg

By no means can I say I have a favorite pic from all of 2006, so i'll fill ya'll in on my favorites for the year. It was a great year..

first pic, my bachalor party in Vegas. 14 of us went and tore the town up! One of my buddies is a commercial pilot back in TX and he flew 6 of us out on a private plane. A private chartered plane to Vegas for your own bacholar party, flown by one of your best friends. How cool was that!! That's me in the right rear.. That party will go down in the history books.. I couldn't even look at a beer even a month afterwards!!

cf94scd.jpg

then its on to the biggest day of my life.. our wedding. She put up with my crap for over 9 years before we decided to have the big blow out!! It was a great day. And yes, I am burnt.. And yes, she was mad! Playing golf quite intoxicated with your buddies while wearing no hat or sunscreen the day before your wedding was not the best of ideas!! I will catch flack on that one for as long as I live...

weddingpic.jpg

then came the honeymoon!! I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have a wife who WANTED to go to Africa on a safari. We had the time of our lives. 7 animals taken, lots of relaxation, and plenty of sights taken in and memories made..

06kudu3.jpg

06zebra13.jpg

06giraffebull20_edited.jpg

Bonniesimpala5.jpg

baobabpic1111.jpg

then we got in another state high peak in this summer. That's your's truely on Az's high peak. That makes 4. and we're knocking out 2 more this spring. One of these days I'll have all 50 under my belt.

DSC00741.jpg

then a little Mako shark action off the San Diego coast in Aug... Caught a 100 pounder..

DSC00804.jpg

In Nov., a little coues deer action. Alas, no deer, but we still had a good time..

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

this one was my favorite.. I took it thru my Swaro 15's. It just sums up the look of AZ to me.

DSC01175.jpg

then a trip to DEEP Mexico, to the states of Michocan and Jalisco, to a friend's wedding. What a beautiful place. And while there, we caught a real Spanish bullfight.. Talk about a neat expirence.

DSC01027.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01096.jpg

And of course, I've done a bit of quail hunting this season as ya'll have seen in a few of my posts this winter!! I'll just post a few of my favs from this season.

A homecoming Bobwhite Christmas hunt over horses..

DSC01416.jpg

and a couple of local ones

DSC01491.jpg

happy Mearns hunters.

DSC01386-1.jpg

Well...like I said, I couldn't pick just one!! I had tons more, but these show how my year went pretty well.

great pics everyone.. KGaines, I like yours the best.. I'm getting ready to be a Dad this Aug and I cannot wait to be in your shoes. Great shots!

I did get this photo Of coosefan and Younghunter After one of there Coues deer hunts this december.This is why you need to keep your glassing behind 15X swaros under control.

post-171-1170999419.jpg

7mm Weatherby Mag: $2.00 per round

New Leupold Range finder: $300.00

New Weatherby Rifle: $1,200.00

Bother scoping self day before hunt: Priceless!!!

post-1361-1171000727.jpg