Sign in to follow this  
Coues 'n' Sheep

My Bride and her buck **UPDATED***LOL

We had a heck of a time finding our #1 buck... he eluded us the first morning so we pulled out... went and chased some other options... almost closed it opening night on a bigger buck but it didn't happen. Second morning had us back on "Plan A" and it worked out! She is one happy Lady and I am Soooo proud of her!

post-996-0-28051000-1410111490_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Cool! How about a couple of pictures of both? Congratulations to the Misses on her successful hunt.

• Like 1

Congrats to you and your wife! But come'on we need more pics..... ;)

• Like 2

Soooo... LOL...

We walked our butts off opening morning and we were just about a mile off on where I thought he would be... "Flare", as I called him had went to water and left me with egg on my face...LOL. Second morning we checked the water first and as we walked in there I glimpsed a couple antelope butts in the distance (right were we were opening morning)...

After we cleared to park with the water hole in it we went to investigate those distant moving white patches. We crept through the last bit of treed cover to overlook the next big park and I spotted 3 antelope on the far side (about 700-800 yds) right at the tree line. I was about 90% sure it was Flare so we made out move...

Out of breath and just a few minutes later we had closed to 300 yds and they were Gone! I nervously started to our left hoping they were "just behind some cover". the minutes drug on and then I caught a flash of white through the trees and we got settled in to wait them out... they started moving right and Tina was on them... she focused on a small clearing (about as wide as an elk is long) just as a bull fed through it a doe fed at his side!? LOL... they clear... another bull elk feeds into that opening joined by another doe!!?? I say to Tina, "if the elk are behind the buck, Don't shoot!"... "I know!" she says...LOL The second doe and her bull elk clear the opening at that moment....the seconds tick by and She says, "Here he comes!" BOOM! "Did I get HIM!??" Isay, "They are running at us get ready!!!" One does then two.... they wheel and stop at 200 yds... they blow at us and look to where the buck had been. Again Tina," Did I get him!?? I heard a "Whaap" did I hit a branch??" My reply was, "Stay in the Gun!!!" LMAO... I was wound as tight as a barbed wire fence corner... I Said, " Stay here and be ready..." then I carefully skirted out to our right (Does to our left) till I could see two white swells in the grass.... SHE GOT HIM!! I went back to her side she was a wreck... I said, "He is down, you Smoked him!" ...she started to weep a bit and collapsed in my arms for a second before grabbing the rifle and her Triclawps off the tripod and heading toward Her Buck! She was in shock and babbling nonsence to whole way there like, "I did shoot the buck, right?" and "Is he little, I don't see horns?" LMAO.... Her only words when she grabbed his head were "Oh My..." and "WOW"... It Was Awesome... I was so choked up and her shock that I almost sprung a leak in my Left Eye...

I would have loved to include lots of my buddies in this hunt of a lifetime (these days) but it was her tag... She insisted this hunt be Just her and I... no help. To the guys that gave advise, and leads, and to my buddies that gave a few hours here and there to scout with me... I am So grateful.... But in the end we got the buck that she and I found together weeks before season, lost, relocated, videoed, lost again, and relocated... and she SMOKED his Arse at 300yds walking, from a standing rest on the Triclawps and my Gitzo legs w/ Manfroto fluid head... she was shooting my buddy, Lee's custom built 6.5-284 and it (and She) performed flawlessly! Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

We had the buck all caped out and the meat cooling by 9:30 AM and then we took a lil' bit of time... just soaking in the moment... enjoying the views, and toasting to what a great day it was... and to what we had accomplished... Cheers!

Thanks for tolerating my tease... but all my buddies got that for a Couple hours yesterday...LOL!!!

post-996-0-03395700-1410115165_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-26681900-1410115181_thumb.jpg

post-996-0-64686200-1410115245_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Awesome goat and incredible hunt! Again congrats, very cool you guys did it together, just you two.

She was in shock and babbling nonsence to whole way there

I'm sure it made complete sense to her!!! :P

• Like 1

me and my son were across from a big opening from you guys opening morning. i was in a white shirt i saw you guys over there with your dog. that is a nice goat your wife got,congrats! my son shot a mid 70's buck a couple hours after seeing you guys

• Like 2

Congrats. Tina that is a great Buck!. Gino did you make that rack above your bed on your ranger? I need to do something like that.

• Like 1