Sign in to follow this  
azshtr

Scouting and the GFD?

We've been doing a lot of scouting for an upcoming elk hunt. This next scout trip will be during another hunt going on. We always bring our bows to fling arrows. Has anyone had an issue with Game and Fish for having a bow out of your own hunt date. We don't carry them in the field, just at camp. The arrows would have field points just to avoid any conflict.

Im not sure where youre going but id venture to say mountain lion, coyote, rabbits and maybe even bears are still legal. I normally scout bow in hand with a quiver full of broadheads. Especially after I walked up to a bedded mountain lion a few years ago with nothing more than a camera in hand. Forty yards away and no weapon, so I just took a couple pics. Luck favors the prepared. ;)

Guest wdenike

This is still America...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take care, Willie

This ain't just America, it's also Arizona. You can carry a gun, bow, machete, atalatl, bow staff, etc anywhere you want to. You dont even need a hunting license. Don't just support your rights, use em. As far as hunting, coyotes are always in season. Lions too. Lark.

• Like 7

This ain't just America, it's also Arizona. You can carry a gun, bow, machete, atalatl, bow staff, etc anywhere you want to. You dont even need a hunting license. Don't just support your rights, use em. As far as hunting, coyotes are always in season. Lions too. Lark.

Atalatl... i can only imagine Lark with one of these

Atalatl... i can only imagine Lark with one of these

ACtually, I believe there's a picture of that on here somewhere. Somebody have a link?

I always carry rifle or bow whenever I am scouting or have an opportunity to be in the field. Never know what predator critter pops up. Remember you can hunt predators too, I carried by g20 10mm with full house underwood ammo 200 grain xtp while I was with him Elk hunting. never know when a nice kitty cat or yote pops up.

I was told as of today..... You have to obtain a federal archery permit, pay trespass to the blm and Forrest service,inform G &F where you will be scouting and for how long! If they grant permission you are ok. ( sorry, just stirring the coals.....been that kind of day)