Sign in to follow this  
countrykid

Cited by AZGF

Thanks guys! He was in 26m,so it looks like the officet was in the right. Still I think a warning would have been better than giving a kid a citation. He does feel bad so hopefully he doesn't get his lisence taken like your buddy did.

I am sorry but if anyone kid, adult, or old timmer goes out hunting they should know if what they plan on taking is leagle or not. We must teach the next generation the right way to hunt. This may beven a good kid but we don't know what the Worden seen while he was there and the law is the law. Sorry but we all need to fallow the rules

post-12728-0-58953600-1410896505.jpg

• Like 9

Guest 300ultramag.

redneck word of the day, "worden." I was trying to tell my old lady I wasn't sleeping with her sister but she wouldn't let me get a worden.

ur my hero.. too funny old cus

• Like 1

He said the Warden didn't even know what it was. He said he took the sparrow and went back and sat in his truck for about an hour and then came back and handed him the citation. And on the citation all it says is "Taken out of season" And from what I can tell the only sparrow that has a season is open year long if using a shotgun. Which tells me the sparrow was legal to shoot...

Since the office took the sparrow back to the truck, he probably identified the species or took a picture an had it identified, wait and see what the report says. Have your son do his best to identify the species of sparrow and if it turns out to be anything other than a house sparrow, don't waste everyone's time fighting it, but see if you can have it reduced.

That being said, see if you can have the court date penalty reduced

Did the warden confiscate the said "sparrow" for identification and evidence? If he could positively identify the bird as a "sparrow", if it is a House (English) Sparrow, then it was NOT out of season, as it is a year-long season (page 85 of the 2014-15 hunting regulations).

If it was NOT a House (English) Sparrow, then it is a non-game species, and would be a citable offense. You can't just shoot everything that flies. But without photographs by the warden, or taking the bird in as evidence, it is his job to provide burden of proof of a game violation, which I'm not sure if he can do now. It would be nice if he DID take it and presents it, and it is an actual sparrow. That might solve this whole issue.

House (English) Sparrow http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FHouse_sparrow&ei=XZMYVLSIKYPhoATmrYH4Bg&usg=AFQjCNEHrW5VQyi31XU0JepL7e4ZNuTyXg for identification purposes. Basically, it is what we all know as the sparrow.

I always carry a copy of the hunting regs with me, for this purpose, and my own reference. I have had discussions with game wardens in the field and we were able to clarify things that we were both on the line about. Remember, be respectful to LEOs, and they will usually return the favor.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

You have numerous grammatical errors here.

Should be

"Wow, what is with the spelling police? Really, who cares"?

• Like 2

The good ol days would have been the ranger giving a good butt chewing and let him go. Now days not so much.

No kidding. Especially when they arent as hard on there own staff for violating rules. Hypocrisy runs deep.

Should be

So what? I have a eight grade education but I do better in the real world than 90% of college grads. My " grammer errors " surely don't affect my paycheck

So how has being a English major done for you?

Guest 300ultramag.

Should be

So what? I have a eight grade education but I do better in the real world than 90% of college grads. My " grammer errors " surely don't affect my paycheck

So how has being a English major done for you

Should be

So how has being a English major done for you?

I wasnt being literal with you. I was being sarcasmic. I am no english major. Nice to meet ya
  • Like 1

The ol' AZGFD out buildin relationships. Way to go boys! You guys busted a major criminal, you should get a pat on the ol' back.

• Like 3