Sinwagon1

My first bull.

Guest 300ultramag.

let him drink twice... he will drink... put his head up and drink again... that second time... send it!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Cool! I try to video all my hunts, then when it comes time that I wanna kill something, I leave the camera in the truck. Lol. Never can kill anything when camera is rolling.

Hope to see some grip-n-grin pics.

Brian

• Like 1

Congrats and thanks for sharing the video!

• Like 1

Well I had my bull picked out and this one wasn't him. I went up so many times scouting this bull I almost lived in his living room. I swore he was all mine because all the time I've been up in this bowl I never seen one person. But wouldn't you know it a huge 6x7 was on the front of this range the day before season right off the main road. So opening morning I have a zoo with me. The 6x7 vanishes and no one can get close to my bull after upteen people push him around. But the worse was no bugles. And I mean none! Then rain. It was just pushing all the wrong buttons. So I chose a favorite tank of my friends and when he came over the hill I knew I was going to shoot him. He wasn't a monster I knew but he was nice and had the body of a horse. The reason I shot right when he came in was because the wind was swirling really bad so I let him go down once and let it fly. I've hunted archery a lot and have learned to stay calm. But this bull gave me the fever. It was scary because I saw where I hit and it was a good hit. But no blood at all!! Took about two hours to find him. He didn't bleed because he didn't have much time to. He went all of 300 yards. I saw what looked like an elk but thought it was too big. Well I was wrong. I was amazed at such a young bull would have that weight. 765. Very happy with that. Plus I still get to hunt. My buddy has the same tag and I'm going back up tomorrow. I settled a little but with the lack of talking,the weather, the fact my brother was with me and was going home, and the camera, I had to. And no one has killed my bull. And my niece has the rifle tag for the same unit. We may get him yet.

post-12333-0-91578400-1410994948_thumb.jpg

post-12333-0-24005800-1410994963.jpg

post-12333-0-29479400-1410995041_thumb.jpg

post-12333-0-26312200-1410995123_thumb.jpg

post-12333-0-37856300-1410995155_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats!