bonecollector777

Found dead bull in 4b

Haha I'm not asking for your advice or guidance. As much as you think I care I really don't. Nowhere in the law does it state that I have to call game and fish If I find a dead elk. You may call them if you want but I don't want to and will not call them. I'm not going to make them money by giving them the chance to auction it off. As you have no respect for me I have no respect for you and really don't care about anything you have to say about this post or about this elk. You seem slightly confused about the law so don't try and educate me when I don't ask for your education and then you try and educate me incorrectly. It is not against the law for me to not call the game and fish about a dead elk. And even if it were guess what? I still wouldn't call them.

Ok, I'm uneducated on breaking the law, but during my child's hunter safety course, provided by GandF they asked what are you supposed to do if you come along a wounded or deceased animal? Answer was to call Game and Fish and report the location. They also asked it no be moved so that they may investigate the animal as it lays. So if it is not in the regulations, why would they teach our children and new hunters this rule? "You seem slightly confused about the law so don't try and educate me when I "didn't" ask for your education.........". Grammer is tough sometimes huh?
So if you shot a animal and couldnt find it, you would want somebody that did find it to report to G&F so you would have to buy it from them? It is perfectly legal for the owner of this bull to go wrap his or hers tag around it as long as its still in the dates of the hunt.
It has to be recovered within 48 hours, if it is not regardless of when the hunt ends is considered lost game and belongs to the state of Arizona, that being said my hats off to bc777, archery hunting is tough these elk are extremely tough to bring down even with a good shot and also how hard it is to draw a tag these days who ever shot this bull deserves it and should not have to buy it at auction.
48 hrs of what? The shot or actually when the animal dies?

Of when it was shot

After reading out2hunts random comments and examples that have nothing to do with this situation I realize he must be slightly intoxicated or mentally handicapped. Either of the two let's cut him some slack and ignore his stupidity from here on out. Anyone I know that tries teaching laws that aren't actually laws and then tries to make someone look bad for helping someone find a wounded elk isn't worth paying attention to. This same situation has come up multiple times in years past. Lots of animals have been found by hunters that were sick at themselves for not finding their wounded animal. Other times no hunter came forward and the animal laid there unclaimed. If I recall this is the first situation where someone was crazy enough or drunk enough to try and make the original poster the bad guy. Haha and for some reason I didn't find it surprising that I was the first one to come under fire for helping out. Like I have said in the past I can be nice or I can be mean but either way someone will find a way to try and make me look like the bad guy. I love it! Keep the idiocy coming..

Expected response out of Mr. Roadhunter himself, bring on the name calling and references to the handicapped ( we all know your such a big man now). Your self righteous permission to be ignored is denied, like I would ever bow out of a conversation due to childish remarks. Excellence is disappearing from society, led by the hypocritical likes that would follow your lead. Anyone who has been on CWT long enough, knows better than to engage you, I must have missed my memory meds. Your under fire because your post, while it appears helpful, is just a stab at some internet retribution. Good Luck on finding it kid, I see right through your escapades. I would like to add my appreciation to all who have shared their opinions without the use of name calling and suggested issues. My arguement will stand, I do not believe you are doing the right thing by withholding information that may help authorities locate the owner of the bull. If you were really out to help, you would utilize all the resources available to you. :blink:

" I do not believe you are doing the right thing by withholding information that may help authorities locate the owner of the bull."

The authorities??? What the heck? How will they try to find the owner if they even attempted? Maybe phone call to all tag holders asking them if someone shot a bull and was unable to recover it? Then they could cite them for letting the meat go to waste? Bone777 I'm with you, good job posting this because I know G&F would never try to find the owner, they don't have the resources

• Like 2

Dude I am sick and tired of so many dang posts turning into your guys' personal pissing match. Grow the heck up people. I know you are both college kids, so from now on could you quit acting like you are in jr high?

Let's get back on track and try to find the hunter who killed this bull.

• Like 7

Location close to chevlon canyon off the 170 in 4b between mile marker 8 & 9. Shot towards the lower half of the elk. Big bull, heavy horned looked like it had a kicker close to a 7 by 6. Fletching was green and white. Wide rack.

• Like 2

If you really want to help, give game and fish a call. They are the ones who should handle the "rights" to this bull. If you find a downed big game animal, lawfully you know you should report it. This will also save you from all the responses that will look at you like your self-righteous for trying to be the one to determine the validity of a shooter/situation. BC777 sometimes I wonder about your ability to learn from the past................Didn't we run into this situation last year? Abide by the law people, if we don't who will?????

Besides the fact that you could be trying to find out info on where to look for buzzards........you do reap the benefits of the bone right? See how quickly your post can turn against ya? Childish I know, assuming makes a butt out of anyone. Food for thought Gentleman who lost their bulls........look for the birds.

I am as baffled at your negative game and fish comments as you are of mine? The guy could be trying to help out another hunter, by reporting it and letting everyone know that had a 4b tag it has been turned in. Then the hunter may go through the legal hoops to retrieve his trophy. All I am trying to preach is DO THE RIGHT THING AND FOLLOW THE LAW. All of you who think you can manage the wildlife better need to apply for the job. This site is about hunter's helping educate other hunter's, sharing in our trophys and experiences, so why not educate on the proper way of doing things? My son reads these posts, I do not want him learning the wrong way to do things (like taking the law into your own hands).

Light the elk on fire? You my friend are disturbed. Once again your childish mannerisms show themselves with remarks like suck it. You have also shown how you feel about one of our big game animals versus those positioned to protect them. I have never had respect for you BC777, and I have grown tired of trying to educate you. As well I have lost respect for each of you who think your above the law. Right is following the law, regardless if you do not believe in it.

I know of a wounded cow once upon a time that was reported and few days later a g & f person showed up with rifle in hand and walked to wounded x3 days, cow and g & f guy allowed hunter/reporter to use his gun to shoot it then when hunter/reporter asked about meat the g & f person said leave it be.

Out2hunt that is gr8 you have your kid pick up his own trash but this is not quite the same. if teaching your son that helping another hunter find his prize he may still be looking for is a crime then,, well,, ??? im confused about every single one of your comments. Kinda saddened that you would wanna hurt someone more who most likely already has broken heart from losing that bull. I really hope that you and your son never have this happen to you. :(

So if BC777 reported it and the hunter checked with GandF, the bull would not be allowed to be tagged? If people were more diligent about following this practice, everyone would know who to check with first. WHAT IF the hunter in question is not a member of this site, but does call in to GandF to see if they have any info.......answer is no because BC777 thinks he has the right to be that hunter's only savior? If it is reported, the hunter stands a better shot of retrieval with GandF than without. BC777 is trying to help, I get it. I just don't think he is doing all he can to help. IMO harboring these bad feelings about wildlife law enforcement is hindering his ability to make the right decision.

After reading out2hunts random comments and examples that have nothing to do with this situation I realize he must be slightly intoxicated or mentally handicapped. Either of the two let's cut him some slack and ignore his stupidity from here on out. Anyone I know that tries teaching laws that aren't actually laws and then tries to make someone look bad for helping someone find a wounded elk isn't worth paying attention to. This same situation has come up multiple times in years past. Lots of animals have been found by hunters that were sick at themselves for not finding their wounded animal. Other times no hunter came forward and the animal laid there unclaimed. If I recall this is the first situation where someone was crazy enough or drunk enough to try and make the original poster the bad guy. Haha and for some reason I didn't find it surprising that I was the first one to come under fire for helping out. Like I have said in the past I can be nice or I can be mean but either way someone will find a way to try and make me look like the bad guy. I love it! Keep the idiocy coming..

Expected response out of Mr. Roadhunter himself, bring on the name calling and references to the handicapped ( we all know your such a big man now). Your self righteous permission to be ignored is denied, like I would ever bow out of a conversation due to childish remarks. Excellence is disappearing from society, led by the hypocritical likes that would follow your lead. Anyone who has been on CWT long enough, knows better than to engage you, I must have missed my memory meds. Your under fire because your post, while it appears helpful, is just a stab at some internet retribution. Good Luck on finding it kid, I see right through your escapades. I would like to add my appreciation to all who have shared their opinions without the use of name calling and suggested issues. My arguement will stand, I do not believe you are doing the right thing by withholding information that may help authorities locate the owner of the bull. If you were really out to help, you would utilize all the resources available to you. :blink:

2rc94jp.jpg

seek professional help.

• Like 3

thats cool youre trying to find the owner. i just hate seeing all the replies of possible elk that have been lost. thats not counting the PMs either. sad.

• Like 1

Location close to chevlon canyon off the 170 in 4b between mile marker 8 & 9. Shot towards the lower half of the elk. Big bull, heavy horned looked like it had a kicker close to a 7 by 6. Fletching was green and white. Wide rack.

Not sure who is being serious anymore but if so that description wouldn't match the bull found. I did see a big heavy racked 7x8 bull close to where you described but on the wildcat canyon side with an arrow in his back right leg. He was still rutting and bugling so don't think he died if that's him.
  • Like 1

Is that all a tag is good for? Antlers? I always thought g&f issued tags for the meat. In fact it is a crime to waste meat and harvest just antlers.

• Like 1

Huh.... could have sworn I hit the coueswhitetail link, but somehow I ended up on archerytalk....

Guess I'll try again.

• Like 3

I'm a firm believer in following rules, but I've also lost a bull and would've appreciated any help I could get trying to find him. If you've ever lost an animal, you know the feeling.

What about posting here and calling it in to G&F? What they do with the info after you call it in you have no control over, but you did your part is how I look at it.

• Like 1

Dude I am sick and tired of so many dang posts turning into your guys' personal pissing match. Grow the heck up people. I know you are both college kids, so from now on could you quit acting like you are in jr high?

Let's get back on track and try to find the hunter who killed this bull.

Stop reading the post then? No none asked to meet in the school yard, and normally I would agree with you Flatlander. In this situation though I do not agree that we are trying to find the hunter. It is absurd to assume the hunter has any ties with a Whitetail site, or to assume the hunter has not already checked with GandF if they have any information turned in about there missing bull. Like I stated before, and thank you Naturegirl for backing me on the idea of using all possible resources to help this hunter, that withholding information from an entity that may be asked for information does the hunter no justice. Either way, I am starting to see the true colors of many members on this site, and I find it sad that so many of you are against those who chose a profession that helps wildlife management and protects their environment. I have met some Great people at GandF and in the field, especially on the youth hunts. I hope you all meet someone that changes your mind about our wildlife management officers, they do not deserve the bashing they receive.

It sounds like some hunters should not put in and just go buy a rack at the g&f auction instead. After all that's all that seems to matter is horns. I think if you can't harvest the meat then the horns belong to the rats and critters that enjoyed the rotting corpse. Go home, practice your shooting or upgrade your gear or whatever it takes to get it done right next time. Not directed at anyone, but society in general.

• Like 3

Guest 300ultramag.

out 2 hunt IM really sorry.... I truly feel you have missed the intentions of the OP here. And thats okay.. however you seem to be clustering quite a bit.. all you guys, everyone, so many people etc.. I would assume you dont know how everyone feels and you are making assumptions that could be off target.

• Like 1