bonecollector777

Found dead bull in 4b

It sounds like some hunters should not put in and just go buy a rack at the g&f auction instead. After all that's all that seems to matter is horns. I think if you can't harvest the meat then the horns belong to the rats and critters that enjoyed the rotting corpse. Go home, practice your shooting or upgrade your gear or whatever it takes to get it done right next time. Not directed at anyone, but society in general.

I like this! cow is always my 2nd choice and my freezer is usually full. :)

It sounds like some hunters should not put in and just go buy a rack at the g&f auction instead. After all that's all that seems to matter is horns. I think if you can't harvest the meat then the horns belong to the rats and critters that enjoyed the rotting corpse. Go home, practice your shooting or upgrade your gear or whatever it takes to get it done right next time. Not directed at anyone, but society in general.

I like this! cow is always my 2nd choice and my freezer is usually full. :)

I do 3 4 5 cow and have drawn 3s and 4s to keep meat in the freezer. 1 and 2 are bull for me. Not much meat on the horns and the velvet isnt that good either.

Tell me when, where, how big, where he was hit and I'll lead you to him.

Good news is this was our elk for sure, bad news is someone already skull cap'ed him and took the rack.... just an update.

Nothin like capin and taking a head off a rotting mass of stinkin animal - tend to toss a few cookies - if you know what I'm talking about

after all this hoopla - sorry to hear some unethical people stole the antlers and the cap- doubt it was G&F as they'd of just wacked off the antlers

Tell me when, where, how big, where he was hit and I'll lead you to him.

Good news is this was our elk for sure, bad news is someone already skull cap'ed him and took the rack.... just an update.

maybe it was 777 ;) if youre gonna be blamed....might as well
  • Like 1

The last tag I had, I shot a 330 340 bull and hit it a little high. I was tracking it and a lightning storm sent me to my truck. Hours later when I resumed my tracking I came up on a game and fish officer. He told me someone had called about a dead elk about 500 yards from where we were still tracking. He said they had cut the head off. He showed me the elk and it was hit where I had told him it was hit. He would not let me have the rack to tag and told me he could find out when the auction would be if I wanted to bid on it. When they found the elk the meat was probably still good but all they did was cut the head off. I used to try and help the game and fish when needed. not anymore. I wouldn't lift a finger to help any of them.

• Like 1

Guest 300ultramag.

The last tag I had, I shot a 330 340 bull and hit it a little high. I was tracking it and a lightning storm sent me to my truck. Hours later when I resumed my tracking I came up on a game and fish officer. He told me someone had called about a dead elk about 500 yards from where we were still tracking. He said they had cut the head off. He showed me the elk and it was hit where I had told him it was hit. He would not let me have the rack to tag and told me he could find out when the auction would be if I wanted to bid on it. When they found the elk the meat was probably still good but all they did was cut the head off. I used to try and help the game and fish when needed. not anymore. I wouldn't lift a finger to help any of them.

Agreed this leaves a bitter faste in the mouth about this dept. they exert zero effort towards us in this respect other than to pass coupons out... It's dang shame...