naturebob

Wildcats?

Not to mention he missed in the first quarter. Just a bummer u if a can't get a good kicker. ever.

i miss steve mclaughlin

Still no Zendejas sightings in Tucson?...................BOB!

In my opinion, if you have to rely on a kicker to kick four or five field goals in a game, you should lose. It just means your offense was ineffective in the red zone. Stick the ball in the end zone. The only good time to see a kicker is after a touchdown. Never trust a kicker.

Brian

• Like 1

BS. he missed the first and third. he even tried flopping to get a call on the third. i was there.

......and I watched the game on TV. Look at the reply, he was hit in the foot by a USC player. If a call was made you would be cheering. If the offense had converted, he wouldn't have had to make 5 field goal attempts. Any coach would rather have 7 than 3.

What's BS is that the Cats defensive didn't show up until the 4th quarter and Solomon over threw multiple receivers. Kickers get all the blame, but last I checked there are 11 guys on the field. It is easy to blame one player, but that is just a cop out.

You guys are crazy to blame Casey (UAs kicker) for this loss. I know Casey very well and he is one of the better kickers in the nation right now.

If he did not have a successful onside kick (2nd this season), UA would not have even had a chance. He actually has kept UA in most games this year. The Cats could not convert in the red zone. How about the fumble on the 2 yard line? Not sure Casey had anything to do with that. How about how crappy the defense played? I don't think Casey is a defensive lineman or a safety ( I know one of the kids playing safety so I won't bad mouth him) The 1st field goal he missed was a 48 yarder, by no means a gimme. His long is 49.

How about the bad call on the 2 point conversion - trying to run up the middle - joke, given the fact they couldn't do it all night. Maybe the coaches should have tried to get the ball closer on the last series to give Casey an easier attempt. Not sure if it was his fault the other field goal was blocked, it is kind of hard to be an offensive lineman and a kicker at the same time.

With the way UA played, they were very lucky to even come this close......

Is the kicker your best friend or something? You're going all out on defending him and it'd crazy. Bottom line is he missed 3 field goals last night. Did you really say he is one of the best kickers in the nation right now? Haha get real. . Whether other guys screwed up early in the game or not you're man crush missed when it counted most. And missed BAD. I'm not a kicker and I could miss that bad if Arizona wants to get me a scholarship. Arizona wasn't a top 10 team and never belonged at 10 anyway.

You guys are crazy to blame Casey (UAs kicker) for this loss. I know Casey very well and he is one of the better kickers in the nation right now.

If he did not have a successful onside kick (2nd this season), UA would not have even had a chance. He actually has kept UA in most games this year. The Cats could not convert in the red zone. How about the fumble on the 2 yard line? Not sure Casey had anything to do with that. How about how crappy the defense played? I don't think Casey is a defensive lineman or a safety ( I know one of the kids playing safety so I won't bad mouth him) The 1st field goal he missed was a 48 yarder, by no means a gimme. His long is 49.

How about the bad call on the 2 point conversion - trying to run up the middle - joke, given the fact they couldn't do it all night. Maybe the coaches should have tried to get the ball closer on the last series to give Casey an easier attempt. Not sure if it was his fault the other field goal was blocked, it is kind of hard to be an offensive lineman and a kicker at the same time.

Is the kicker your best friend or something? You're going all out on defending him and it'd crazy. Bottom line is he missed 3 field goals last night. Did you really say he is one of the best kickers in the nation right now? Haha get real. . Whether other guys screwed up early in the game or not you're man crush missed when it counted most. And missed BAD. I'm not a kicker and I could miss that bad if Arizona wants to get me a scholarship. Arizona wasn't a top 10 team and never belonged at 10 anyway.

Ha, ha....I was waiting for some type of comment like this. I've know the kid since he was young. As a former kicker and coach, I guess I can see the big picture. Not to mention, I have had many students move on to play college ball. I guess I take it a little personal when people jump on athletes for making mistakes, especially if they have never been in their shoes.

72 pass attempts? Thought I was looking at the box score fot WSU! 70 yards rushing is not going to get it done. USC dline r studs. Held asu to 32 yards rushing.

Looks like the kitties used up all their 9 lives in their first five games. They needed to save some fot later in the season.

Ha, ha....I was waiting for some type of comment like this. I've know the kid since he was young. As a former kicker and coach, I guess I can see the big picture. Not to mention, I have had many students move on to play college ball. I guess I take it a little personal when people jump on athletes for making mistakes, especially if they have never been in their shoes.

Just because you have known him since he was young and you coached him doesn't make him good. Even if you really want him to be. You're right we have never been in his shoes but he has one job and that's to make field goals. And he can't do it. Funny thing is you are saying you can't blame him yet you're blaming everyone else on the team. It's a team effort and everyone has their job to do. He did his job exceptionally bad last night.
  • Like 2

BS. he missed the first and third. he even tried flopping to get a call on the third. i was there.

......and I watched the game on TV. Look at the reply, he was hit in the foot by a USC player. If a call was made you would be cheering. If the offense had converted, he wouldn't have had to make 5 field goal attempts. Any coach would rather have 7 than 3.

What's BS is that the Cats defensive didn't show up until the 4th quarter and Solomon over threw multiple receivers. Kickers get all the blame, but last I checked there are 11 guys on the field. It is easy to blame one player, but that is just a cop out.

Haha your boy missed it so bad he knew he had to make something up! That defensive player was no where near him when he actually kicked the ball and he knew how bad he shanked that kick right from the start. I am a huge cats fan and you can read my previous post on this thread about my thoughts on how young the team is and how I think they will do great when they grow and mature but take it easy dude, your boy blew it last night. I completely agree with the coment said that he has one job to do and he didn't do it. Now he knows that and we all know that, what he needs to do is pick his head up and go do his job next week. He will recover, he doesn't need your pampering.

• Like 1

What do you mean you can't blame him..............It was up to him to put it through the uprights and he missed, so they lost. If you are supposedly one of the best in the nation you DON'T MISS

This is becoming a nightmare for the wildcats. Greg Byrne just saw thousands of dollars lost from that kick and I saw numerous fans lose hope in U of A football once again. Poor play calls were made on both of the two point conversions. Luckily the team is young and has some time to mature these next years. Sam blame who you want, but Casey lost that game for the U of A.

Last comment from me on this one....... In my mind, this post has gotten a little out of hand and I don't want to add any more fuel to the fire.

Right now Casey is dealing with some bigger issues, He and his family are being threatened by idiot fans. Is one game really a reason to threaten a kid with violence and death? I hope none of you think so. Like others have said, it is a young team - many of these guys are 18 and 19 years old. They will all get past this loss and improve. But, no one has the right to threaten a kid because he missed a few field goals. The fan violence associated with sports is an embarrassment at every level - both physical violence and verbal harassment.

Bonecollector 777 - I never said I coached Casey. And I don't go around taking credit for making an athlete good or getting him a scholarship or getting him accepted to the college of his choice.

I clearly said that there are 11 players on the field and to blame one player is a cop out. Read between the lines - this means it is a team effort by all, including coaches.

az shooter - I am far from pampering the kid. Obviously he will recover.I was merely pointing out the other miscues of the game. Is supporting someone pampering?

Shooter McGavin - The number one kicker in the country is 14 of 19. Casey is 13 of 18......I guess they both suck and should not be playing football because they have missed.

When I grew up the team philosophy was - we win as a team and we lose as a team. When I coached, we had the same philosophy.

This is football ,,,,it's a game. QB's miss throws. Receivers miss catches. Kickers miss field goals. It happens, It's dang hard to be a kicker when the game is on the line. You can be a hero, or a zero, in a matter of seconds.

Nobody is perfect.

To say a missed field goal lost the game is stupidity. He had a chance to kick a field goal to win and he wasnt able to. Did the rest of the team play mistake free football all night long? Did anyone miss a tackle that resulted in a first down, and ultimately led to a touchdown? Did a receiver run a route not exactly right? You may want to listen in when the coaches watch film and see how many factors led to a defeat. If he lost the game single handedly then apparently everyone else was perfect! What a bunch of crap!