Havasuhunter

Best 10x42s under $500?

Sure this topics been talked about a lot, but hoping to get fresh ideas. I have some old Leupold wind rivers that need to become my back up pair. I'm looking to upgrade and hoping to spend under $500 but may go slightly higher if the value is there. After looking through them a 12x50 pair of Swaros is in my future but want to get some carry 10s or possibly 8s first.

Cameraland has the Vortex Viper HD 10X42's for $499.00. Tough to beat that deal.

Vortex is going to be your best bet and Camera Land has the best prices.

Buy a pair of zen rays from amazon and look through them before you settle for any pair of vortex under $500. You can return them if you're not satisfied. I've researched a ton before I settled on zen rays. They carry the same warranty as vortex also. I've had warranty work done on both brands and zen ray sent me a brand new pair of glass while vortex repaired my issue. Both free of charge. I own glass from both companies and must say, that unless you're buying a riflescope, zen ray is leaps and bounds above vortex in glass quality.

• Like 1

Looks like you can get some Zeiss for that price

Zeiss Conquest 8x40 T* ABK

Part# 524508

http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/zeiss.pl?page=zeissconquest524508

I'm also a fan of the Nikon Monarch 7 which is on sale now for $419 everywhere. Worth looking through them side-side with the Viper HD. You'll really like the ergonomics and FOV.

I own a set of explore optics 10s and for under 300 buck they are an excellent set of glass and have a lifetime warranty their is a dealer in the valley, so if you get a chance give them a try you won't be disappointed

Lots of good advice. I'm going to research some more and take a look at as many as possible. Want to pick some up in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the responses

Tasco or Simmons for $29.95.Can't beat that. You could be like the guys on most of the hunting shows. It don't get any better than that...........BOB!