Sign in to follow this  
POB

Favorite coyote gun??

257 Roberts.

I'm assuming after shooting one with my 270 (150gr setup for deer) the preference to go with the guns that have been mentioned is so it leaves a smaller hole and flies flatter. Is the 270 out of the question even with a smaller grain bullet? I've killed a pig with 130 gr same gun and the hole was still. I don't reload

Kill them with whatever you are holding. A dead coyote is one less predator to reduce the game populations.

• Like 1

I've used a 22 rifle, 22 mag pistol, 223wssm, 243, 270, 30-06, and a rem 1100 with #4. Oh and my truck twice. But my favorite is with a .357 herret TC pistol, 14" barrel that I inherited. Loading cast bullets. Gun is on the money at 400 yards! It's one of those guns that you can't understand why it's so accurate but you never question it.

Thanks guys. I've been wanting to have a 257 Roberts built to replace the custom job the thiefs got, so I think now I've got a good excuse.:) plus it'll work good for the grandkids coming up.

The one you have on your hands when they are in range! :)

The ones I own, .222 Rem. AR 223 and 12 GA. Shotgun!

Ernesto C

• Like 1

39 and 32 grain v max's typically. They're deadly. Never had a runner after shooting either bullet. Have had a few runners using lubalox coated silver tips follow up shots did the trick but I quit shooting them and only shoot v max's now.