Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Got my first coues with a leftover tag

I was able to harvest my first coues deer with a leftover tag. I had a great time with my dad in a unit filled with deer. After seeing what this unit has to offer I will most definitely be back. I got him on the 4th day of the hunt after missing a decent 3 point on opening evening. Long story short, I glassed him up in a deep canyon about 800 yards out. This is well beyond my comfortable range so I knew I needed to at least cut the distance in half. Down one nasty cat claw filled ridge and up the other side put me at 350 yards. My 243 did the job from there and with that I had my first coues deer. I know he isn't the biggest buck but I couldn't be happier with him. I must thank members oneshot and azpredator@work from this site and also my buddy Davin for pointing me in the right direction.

post-3307-0-98660800-1415850793_thumb.jpg

post-3307-0-96005600-1415850889_thumb.jpg

post-3307-0-52642900-1415850948_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Heck yeah, congrats on your first Coues! Awesome job.

Way to go congrats on your first coues this last weekend was tough hunting with the full moon and warm temps. Be careful its contagious

• Like 1

Very nice! Congrats man!

Real nice buck you got there, good job and congratulations on your first coues! He looks great dressed in camo!

That's a good looking buck