Christian2

12A WEST JR HUNT LONG STORY

First off I would like to thank everyone for the help and tips to help me be successful. I also would like to say sorry for taking so long to post this I have been busy. Well it all started with the long drive up to Kaibab. We got there at around 9:45 and we were seeing nice bucks and does feeding right off the highway which boosted everyone's hopes. We set and up camp and finally went to bed around midnight. We woke up and took a hike just a little ways behind our camp and got on a nice herd but eventually they spooked with the shot. We went back to camp and decided to go drive some roads and see where we wanted to hike. We saw a bunch of sign and decided it would be wise to take a hike and see what we see. We walked up on two does and my friend and I both took shots but unfortunately missed. That kind of discouraged us but we pushed on. We had not got a half of a mile and were on a group again. We decided that I would take the first shot which was at 34 yards. My shot hit perfect and boom she was done. She ran about 30 yards and piled up. We cleaned it up got plenty of pictures and headed back to camp. We were back at camp by 11:30. This was a very fun hunt and full of fun memories. My brother also had a tag and so did a friend. My brother tagged out around 5:30 opening evening and my friend tagged out at 6:30 Saturday morning. All of the deer shot were our first which made the hunt that much better. It was a great hunt and we were able to take some nice squirrels as well. Once again thank you all who helped make this successful. It was a great and memorable hunt! Bottom picture is my brother and top is mine.

post-12180-0-63106100-1416444415_thumb.jpg

post-12180-0-83299700-1416444448_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome story Christian! Welcome to the club and keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing.

Outstanding for you and your crew!!! Awesome!

All three of my kids killed their first deer on that Kiabab Jr. hunt over the years, and it is always a fun and awesome time! Glad you guys made the most of it and had a great time!

Thanks for sharing with the site!

S.

:)

Congratulations on the successful hunt. Don't sweat the misses. ALL of us have had some of those. It is part of hunting. Way to keep at it, and good luck in your future hunts over the next 60 years.

Congrats to you and the other hunters, that's cool you all tagged out! Way to keep after it!