Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

Crispi Boots

Anyone have any real world experience with Crispi Boots. I'm looking to buy a new pair of boots.

I've searched high and low and it seems that Crispi may fit the bill.

I've been wearing Kenetreks for the last 7 years, but I've had some issue with heel slippage when going up steep hills. (I've read Crispi fit a bit better for us with narrow heels)

I'm looking for a boot that is durable like Kenetreks but has a more flexible upper/shank.

I want them for moderate backpacking and hunting.

If anyone has any opinions on them I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

I've used the idaho's. And I think they're fantastic. How sturdy they were for how light they are amazed me. They are half the weight of my lowas. The super grip sole is nice. It is softer than the lowas but still doesn't rip off like some of the softer soles do. I'm waiting for my hunters to come in. What size do you wear?

I saw you had 10s for sale??? I'm an 11

...do they run small or true to size??

Crispi are fantastic boots, all hand made look at the video from their website, they are expensive but they will last you a lifetime.

I want to try Crispi as well. I have had the same issues as you but the European boots tend to run a little narrower so the heel usually fits better. Go check the sale section on their page for some pretty good discounts.

I have worn Zamberlan and Asolo. So far the Asolo just plain fit better than anything else I have tried.

How many miles are you guys getting out of your Crispi boots? I easily put 1,500 miles a year on my boots. I had Danners and they only last a few months...so I switched to Lowas and have been getting close to a year out of them... but was interested in the Crispi...

Shoot, AZLance. Sorry I didn't even see this response... I wear the Lowa Baffin Pros a lot, it is the toughest boot I've ever worn. The only thing was when I first got them after 4 or 5 miles the ball of my foot ached really bad from hiking all over the rocks. It felt like the the sole of the boot was harder than the ball of my foot and so that's what was causing the ache. I bought some spenco earth bound hiking insoles and it was night and day. My foot hasn't ached since. I've had these boots for 3 years now and they definitely show their wear and I've never had blisters in these boots. I take really good care of the boots with Lowas leather and waterproofing products. That being said I had an opportunity to try out the Crispi and it was just a whole different feel. The sole of the Crispi which is still a vibram sole felt softer... the Crispi just had more give and I feel they wear a hair faster than the lowas but nothing like a danner which I've worn. All in all the lowa was tougher, wore less and heavier. The Crispi was easier on the feet, and lighter(half the weight), quieter, and also tough. Hope that helps.

http://ireviewgear.com/boots/crispi-idaho-gtx-hunting-boot-review

here's something to look at.

and these are catching my eye as well

http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/cevedale-gtx/2100504545/12

Did you have any luck finding these boots? I also have narrow heels and slip like crazy in most mountaineering boots. Lowa tibets seem to be ok but I want to check out crispi Nevada gtx befor I buy.

My last boots were the Crispi Nevada's. Overall I would rate them as decent, but I can only compare to Danner, Lowa and Cabelas "pefeckt" boots. I would say they feel solid when hiking and not as noisy as some hiking boots (sole seems soft). They were lighter and easier wearing than my Lowas, but heavier than the Danner gtx I have used before. They grip well but are very slick when wet. The other drawbacks for me were how quick they wore out and the sole started separating within the first few miles and I had to glue them together more than once. Once glue they were fine, but not what I expected from boots at that price. I was going to try Kenetrek next, but I would consider them again if the price was right.