GRONG

Monday Monster

Thought I'd share this real quick. Not sure when a full story will come but thought I'd share with you all a couple quick pictures. I found this buck in March while glassing for elk and elk sheds. I'd never in my dreams seen a buck such as this. I can't imagine how much time I've actually spent looking for his sheds and/or trying to lay eyes on the buck. I've never put as much time and effort into hunting one particular animal as this magnificent buck but all the hard work paid off. As a typical 3 point I grossed the antlers at 129 4/8" with a net of 126 3/8. Not sure if the 2 small drops on the ends of the beams are measurable but if they are it will effect it a little. But who really cares right?! Beams are 21.5 & 21.7. I've never seen a more magnificently awesome buck with such cool character for just a main frame 3 point!! Bob MacMillan had one of the statewide auction tags and since I didn't have a tag myself we got hooked up and the rest is history. Bob is an awesome awesome man and I'm happy to call him a friend.

Josh

post-3-0-39072300-1419403389_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-44695900-1419403199_thumb.jpg

• Like 23

Wow amazing buck, congrats.

Pig of a buck!! Great job man!

Being a mule deer hunter, and reading the post before I looked at the photo (and thinking about the comments of seeing the buck while elk hunting).....I was thinking...OK, a 129" 3 point muley. Nice deer but nothing to go crazy over.

Then I looked at the photo......WOW. Amazing Coues. Congrats to the hunter, now I see why you were so pumped.