100%DIYazCOUES

need advice please!

I think kidso nailed it. All too easy to get turned around when your heart is thumping and you feel the pressure of losing the light. Im sure you'll find him in the a.m. & can't wait to see the pics!

had same deal, he apparently was never hit and walked off when i was out off sight, i hot he went down and would pick his head up and i shoot again. there very smart. good luck . post the pictures

that's why its critical that you take a gps cords from your location at the time of shot . it will help -even in the dark to get a better idea of where the deer was located .

most have the terrain topo and you can place a pin on your best guess where he was last located. its worked for me before!

way to easy to get turned around in the dark - heck I've know guys been off their spot during a lot hunts - pinpointing a spot and finding it can cause problems for anyone

keep us posted and hope you have little trouble finding a deer to tag after first light !

how long a shot was it anyway?

You probably dont want to say how far the shot was , because it was unethical or some other crap. Good luck tomorrow!

Why does every post have to turn into an ethics thing? Hopefully he is right where you saw him last. Heck in October I found my deer walked back to grab my pack I had left 500 yards away and had to circle twic to find a deer I had already had my hands on. And that was in the daylight. It's amazing how things change when you get there especially in the dark.

• Like 1

Why does every post have to turn into an ethics thing? Hopefully he is right where you saw him last. Heck in October I found my deer walked back to grab my pack I had left 500 yards away and had to circle twic to find a deer I had already had my hands on. And that was in the daylight. It's amazing how things change when you get there especially in the dark.

It turns into an ethics thing because most of these guys are douche bags!

Pick another thread! He asked for advice on a problem. If you cant help shut up.

• Like 4

Pick another thread! He asked for advice on a problem. If you cant help shut up.

Im saying the ethics police are douchebags! Don't be one of them!

• Like 1

I think it would be best if the "douchebags" were simply ignored from now on.

That said, good luck today. You are probably already out recovering your deer however. Pic's when you get back please.

Well we searched all morning and this afternoon we finally found him! He had gotten up from where I last saw him and went down hill.after a little ways he piled up right between a rock and a ledge on a steep hillside. We are very lucky to have found him where he was.how do I post pics? I dont see where i click on my phone to post them.Also a big thanks for the advice,encouragement, and offers to help.some good people on here.

• Like 5

Nice job on finding him! Please don't mind these idiots on your post that are being negative, they have nothing better to do than TROLL!!!

• Like 1

Nice job on finding him! Please don't mind these idiots on your post that are being negative, they have nothing better to do than TROLL!!!

I guess im the turd that used the"ethics" word . It was not used in any way regarding his hunt , im not the ethics police. I gave advice and he recovered his deer and so did other members.

The ethic police have hit my threads too, oh flipping well. Happy hunting. :)