Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

Shooters App. How many use it and thoughts?

I use it and thin kit is one of the best.

I think it is great. Probably others that will get the job done, but this one has given me great results

My most used ballistic app. Make sure your inputs are correct though. Garbage in, garbage out. One of the main things I found that could really mess things up is the temp sensitivity for powder. A lot of powders are not nearly as sensitive to temp as the app projects.

It has been accurate enough to make first round hits on 8 to 12" steel with a .223 from 300 to 850 yards. Also with a .25-06 Ackley, first round hits out at 458, 540, 660, 770, 850, 990, 1108, and 1368. .250 Ackley made a second round hit (missed due to wind) at 1362 on a yote, and a .300RUM at 880, 990, 1108, and 1368.

• Like 1

Guest akaspecials

Those apps are great in my experience but always double check that they are right at the range before you take a shot at an animal in the field. I've watched and heard of a lot of guys wounding game cause they relied strictly on apps and not enough practice/ real world shooting experience.

Found a new app to use, was using Strelok. Bulletflight (Military Version), for apple or android, paid version is $29.00. I have used yet, heard good things. They have other version for less money.

Applied Ballistics is shooters app just better. A Lot better