6ANut

Arizona elk society questions

I have been asked to help with this years arizona elk society banquet. When I was young I used to go every year to the Rocky Mountain elk society dinner @ Little America in flagstaff, and had a blast.I was just wondering if anyone has an past experiences with the group positive or negative. I still have not said yes or no but their first meeting is tomorrow night. I plan on going unless I hear different . Ty for your time.

Brian

Guest akaspecials

Good group. Good cause. My dad will be there volunteering. The banquet is like most, but I feel that the az elk society does a better job having more guns for raffles and all than some of the other banquets I've been too.

They are a class act they do a ton for the game in this state

As a founding member I may be bias'd, but been to alotta banquets in the valley over the years from different groups and they put on the best. Never missed a banquet till I moved up here. Be back next year , can't wait. Worth while helping if you can................BOB!

Last year was my first. It was awesome. The raffles were fantastic and the auction was awesome to watch. I loved it.

I don't know about the banquets but AES has been doing a ton of work refurbishing drinkers up north and getting them filled with water for the herds during the dry months. They also do other conservation work restoring habitat.

They push hard to get youth involved in the outdoors through youth hints and intodictory programs. A great conservation group that leads the way

AES is a premier conservation group for Arizona. Specifically on wolves, they have been in the fight against the federal government for years. Steve Clark-president has worked with all the conservation groups, cattle growers and AZGFD to try and keep the Feds from pushing their agenda down our throats. All conservation groups need our help and AES would be a great one to donate a bit of time to. I was at last nights meeting and there was about 15 people there. AES could really use some more bodies to help with the preparation for the banquet as well as many of the work projects they sponsor. Please accept this as your "invitation" to help out in any way you can. Whether that is in the field work projects or the banquet or dollar donations. Just know that AES is a wonderful conservation group that really looks out for Arizona sportspeople. Thanks. Allen Taylor

• Like 2

Hey Allen,

I was the(Yellow Cab kid) in the room. You know the one that was about 20 plus years younger than anyone else. Were you up front or in the back?

• Like 1

I was right in front of you with the long sleeve black shirt. Wish I would have known but at least we know now and this next meeting wed 14th we will talk it up. Thanks for being there. Allen.