Sign in to follow this  
bwp22

Whats up with Unit 9?

Absolute power corrupts, absolutely !!!!!!!

This is what you get when there is no checks and balance. They answer to no one. If you think the public input is for real, I have some swamp land I would like to sell you.

Having the Muzzy hunt before the Archery hunt is not the way it should be done. I'm sure this will be the only year it happens after they get plenty of complaints from the archery hunters. The rut might be going better during the archery hunt this year, but the bigger bulls will be educated or dead by that time. If I had a ton of points I wouldn't chance wasting them on the unit 9 archery hunt this year...

Yeah, the unit 9 archery hunt is a WASTE of points. Don't apply for it. Won't be anything over 280" left after these 25 guys get done. Are there even 25 bulls in the unit?

• Like 5

Having the Muzzy hunt before the Archery hunt is not the way it should be done. I'm sure this will be the only year it happens after they get plenty of complaints from the archery hunters. The rut might be going better during the archery hunt this year, but the bigger bulls will be educated or dead by that time. If I had a ton of points I wouldn't chance wasting them on the unit 9 archery hunt this year...

Yeah, the unit 9 archery hunt is a WASTE of points. Don't apply for it. Won't be anything over 280" left after these 25 guys get done. Are there even 25 bulls in the unit?

What do the rest of you guys think about the archery hunt? I have max points. I have heard both opinions: The archery hunt will suck, and the archery hunt will be fantastic this year because it's a week later.

Wow, doesn't that go against all hunt recommendations and guidelines as far as established seasons of hunts and getting public input etc?

BINGO!

That's the very point that Director Voyles and Steve Clark raised at the meeting. Neither the Department nor the AES was happy. One commissioner in particular just doesn't give a rat's arse. The new commissioner, however, voted against all of the changes in protest. Personally, I think they were walking a very fine line legally speaking. The assistant AG that was present probably should have let them know that they were in danger of violating the open meetings laws.

The Guidelines process is opening up again. Make yourself heard. Where possible, let the commissioners know that you expect them to respect the public process that has worked so well for many years.

The new commissioner is our man Jim Ammons from Yuma. He's legit!

Well I'm hoping that quite a few people took the bait and went with 1,10 or 23 instead of the archery hunt in 9. It would sure help me out!

I'm just guessing that the 25 muzzy hunters won't take out all of the big bulls in the entire unit. That's laughable. Maybe 4 or 5. Just to be on the safe side, I put in for the muzzy hunt first. The archery hunt dates will be great for the rut I believe.

• Like 1

I put in 9 muzzy and if I draw I will take the biggest Bull and will be there for a month with My posse of 30-40 guys...LOL................BOB!

• Like 3

Longshooter, don't laugh. You will be one of them..........BOB!

Heck I put in for it just because the hunt will run a week later when they usually really start kicking in!!!!!!

The muzzy guys are gonna kill the only 25 big bulls in the unit. I would imagine they will take close to 10,000" of bone out of 9. Archery hunt this year is gonna be a raghorn special. :lol:

• Like 1

Does anyone have actual knowledge on whether there is a commissioner or someone else of relevance to the decision is in line to get a tag?