125coues

Taxidermist Warning

The after pics look 30 years old, like uou used a bad Polaroid! I'm sorry and know that's not the case. I feel bad for everyone who has got the bum deal. Haven't had much mounted but wellers and Becker have done me good here around Tucson

Man, that's some BS. I would come uncorked. You are a bigger man than me.

So what did you discover about policing?

Here's a tip - as far as policing-- Most taxidermist belong to an Association - They show a list of members -- It never hurts to show and tell - enough complaints -- with proof -- will shake things up a bit.

Man, that really stinks. A beautiful mature muley to begin with, ruined by a bad taxidermy job. I agree that looks like one of the mounts that should have been hanging in a bar since the 50s.

As far as if that is your cape or not, I see no real big identifying marks, but it appears to be the same cape in looking at some of the highlights in your first kill photo and the mounted one. Too bad it looks like you drug it behind a 4-wheeler for a couple miles by the shape the hair is in on the mount.

Just curious but do you guys not look at the work hanging in the guys place before hand? Someone even mentioned a bunch of bad pics floating around FB? What you see is generally what you get. In one aspect yeah it's bad to get that bad work but it's IMO just as bad that the animal was left with the individual in the first place if everything mentioned previously is true????? I get the original poster with winning something free at a raffle but not the other guys who have dropped animals off with the guy!?!?!?

• Like 1

stuff hanging in a shop is usually their best work - something they spent a lot of time on just for that purpose

most ricks stuff was from the different seminars etc where he displayed one maybe 2 mounts - and they were ok .

not all taxidermists allow people in the back room -

this is not an isolated case of one bad mount - this is unacceptable -

Mark that does not look like your cape - not even close to the same white roman nose beast you killed

complain where it'll hurt the most as stated in my previous post

obvious he's not going to come on here and defend hisself cuz what we've seen and heard from numerous people says it all!

Double buck used to be a sponsor over on rutnhard.net. I was always blown away when he'd post pics of his work and people would give him positive feedback. It all looked like sh!t to me so I kept my mouth shut. I don't think rutnhard is even around anymore or I'd pull up some threads.

Rick lopez i know.youve been.checking this thread. If you think.i purpasly messed.up my moumt to proove a point you are one.dalusanal mo deker.you are a HACK. To anyone who jas stuff with this guy i would eat the bill.and get it back.

After my pic post i was imformd.that rick.had acused me.of.wrecking my moumt.to.proove a point to him. This dude rhinks he is untouchable. Well we will.fimd.out just how much.lomger this hack holds a taxi lic in az. Yours truly rick hack lopez at double bill rip u of taxidermy.

Mark Thorley.

Ok guys, I think this thread has more than run its course. You all know I don't like to have CouesWhitetail.com be used to bash anyone. If you have a problem with Rick, please deal with him directly. I am very sorry to hear that so many of you have had a problem with Rick's work, that is very disheartening.

This thread is a very good reminder to thoroughly evaluate a taxidermist before you give them any of your trophies. Take your time when choosing a taxidermist. Call past clients, search the internet for information, ask lots of questions, and look over lots of examples of his/her work paying particular attention to mounts of the same species as you want to get mounted. With regard to buying gift certificates for taxidermy work donated to sportsmen's groups, you can usually find out in advance of the banquet what donations will be available to bid on and then you can evaluate the taxidermists work prior to the banquet. It's always easier to prevent a problem like this than it is to fix it after the fact. Also, please remember that in threads like this, you are only getting half the story.

• Like 6