125coues

Taxidermist Warning

What did he use in place of the skulls? It looks like pieces of a camo t-shirt. Sorry, its a shame he had to ruin those.

• Like 1

Rick Lopez is the biggest liar and thief that I have ever ran across in this hobby. I paid him to do a mount back in June of 2012. He has given me every excuse in the world even down to his dog ate it! After 2 years of going back and forth with him he finally sent me a check as partial payment on a reimbursement and it even bounced! Here I am 2 1/2 years later with no mount and no money and he will not even respond any more. I have a copy of every bs text he ever sent and the bad check that never cleared. If anyone wants to waste their time reading it PM me. - Derek Kennedy

does any taxidermist consistently have a 12 month or less turn around? all of my mounts have taken 18-30 months....it's getting ridiculous

Good things take time!! Anyone who is getting them done faster then a year is probably self tanning the hides and that is a BAAAAADDDD thing. I don't have a problem waiting 18 months or more as long as it turns out good. There's nothing worse then bad taxidermy! I've only used two taxidermists in AZ, Mogollon and Scottyboy from the site. Both are top notch!!!

+1 for Mogollon. One coues mount took 7 months, another took 11 months....excellent work!

There is no way you tan a hide and get the mount done in 6 months!!! Not possible, ;) Atleast that is what most taxidermists want you to believe. The truth is they hunt themselves, wait until they get a big batch of fur in, and then send them all to the tannery at the same time. I am constantly messing with my taxi about how long it takes a guy to complete a job that could be done in the half the time!!!

I hate hearing things like this! This is why I took about 2 months with many phone calls, emails, posts on internet chat boards like this before I decided who to trust with my trophies. Not only did I find a great taxidermist but feel like I have made a friend. Good Luck in the future!

We run a 6 month turn around at my shop!!!! 😊

There you go folks, it pays to use sponsers on this site!!! I finally learned my lesson and am using a sponser (SWW Studio)on this site for my current mount. I was burned by Kip Young and another in south Gilbert that took 3.5 years, wrong mount, and paid extra to have the rest of the cape tanned for myself that I never got back.

**********USE ONLY CW SPONSERS**********

Haha

• Like 4

I'll post up my buck of shame again. Poor terrified retarded deer....I swear, he did not look like this alive.

734ed70f-de96-490f-afc5-8d24357d992f_zps

• Like 4

That sucks. Hopefully he'll be outta business. One suggestion tho if I may. The guy he farmed it out to did the right thing, a good job, and didn't even take the $ u offered him. Post his name.

Let me start by saying Great looking bird! Sorry that you are so unsatisfied! So let me get this right. You got this mounted by Rick on gift certificate that he donated out of the kindness of his heart "it cost him money out of his pocket to have someone else do it for him". Got it back in a normal time frame. It looks great. And you are trying to hurt his business and run him down just because you did not get it fast enough!???

I have seen his work and it looked good. And to talk about him as a person. He is the type of guy that will come help a guy that he has never even talked to pack his sheep out of a nasty place at night for twelve hours and never say a cross word! If your post says anything it speaks volumes of you. Sorry I just have a tough time with people that can't see how blessed they are.

There was another post that I can't seem to find now that showed pics of a mount that he did an points that he was supposed to fix that I'm positive with zero taxidermy experience I could've done 10 times better maybe somebody else remembers the post I'm talking about. It was recent.

• Like 2

There was another post that I can't seem to find now that showed pics of a mount that he did an points that he was supposed to fix that I'm positive with zero taxidermy experience I could've done 10 times better maybe somebody else remembers the post I'm talking about. It was recent.

I would have you guess you're talking about page 8 in this thread.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/6645-favorite-coues-taxidermist/page-8?do=findComment&comment=525983