Sign in to follow this  
stanley

American Sniper

I think I'm going to go see American Sniper this weekend. Can't always believe the movie hype, but this one looks to be a good one!

Found a pretty good write-up on Chris Kyle...... http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2013/april/the-legend-of-chris-kyle-01 Appears he was quite a man!

Anyone else planning on seeing this movie????

S.

:)

• Like 2

I read the book and liked it. I was planning on seeing it this weekend as well, but I think I will avoid the crowds and try to see it next week. Looks like a movie worth seeing.

• Like 1

See the movie, but read the book. I'm sure the movie won't or can't do the man justice.

I'm leaving for a two week business trip to several ports in Asia next Weds, and was looking for some reading material for the long flights. Now I'm thinking I'll hold-off on the movie for now, and get the book to read on my trip! ;) Then maybe catch the movie upon my return....

S.

See the movie, but read the book. I'm sure the movie won't or can't do the man justice.

I'm leaving for a two week business trip to several ports in Asia next Weds, and was looking for some reading material for the long flights. Now I'm thinking I'll hold-off on the movie for now, and get the book to read on my trip! ;) Then maybe catch the movie upon my return....

S.

You'll b glad you did. Great book! If you like it you should also check out 98 confirmed kills about carlos Hitchcock. I actually liked it even better.

Read the book, and saw the movie last night at the midnight premier.

The book of course, is/always will be better than the movie. I thought the movie was great, it had quite a bit on some things that weren't in the book, Hollywood fictional action, but for the most part, the movie portrayed Chris as the book portrayed him, as a humble American just doing what his duty as a SEAL was.

-Seth

S.

You'll b glad you did. Great book! If you like it you should also check out 98 confirmed kills about carlos Hitchcock. I actually liked it even better.

Good call! I've been wanting to read the Hathcock book anyway, but never got around to it. I'll get them both prior to my departure (going to be a LONG trip)! ;)

S.

:)

Just saw the movie last night!!! It was awesome

Wife and I saw it last night. Amazing. Such a great man. And all the men and women who serve. God bless them all

• Like 1

Clint Eastwood and Cooper flew to Texas to meet with Chris Kyle's father. Mr. Kyle told them if they disrespected his son in the movie, that ..."He would rain down Helll " upon them........

Just saw the movie. Loved the book an anyone who hasn't read it I recommend it. I'm not a reader an I couldn't put it down. True American hero. A few things in the movie that weren't in the book. Hope to be able to teach my kids what a real hero like Chris Kyle is an not somebody from Hollywood. To bad our children will never learn this stuff in school about our American history

• Like 2